some people just suck

gwaco

i got an email from casey and it seems as though some jack @ss stole all of his cymbals after their tour opening date last thursday . i believe this was the belgium opener .
don't know quite yet how he got them replaced but it should be an interesting story .
wonder if whom ever it was would be stupid enough to try an sell them on ebay.

Man, I thought you meant me. Could be sold on Ebay one at a time over time and no one would be suspicious. But that does suck. Over 1000.00 worth of goods.

which band/player is this? was he watching his gear? i would personally never leave luggage unattended, but it in my local club or a stadium.
then again, if i was playing in stadiums i would no doubt have someone else looking after my luggage.

still, that sucks. humans are really crap at times.

That blows.
I know the feeling. I've had 2 sets of cymbals ripped off, a pair of Axis pedals, A 12" Tom out of my kit, haha....the list goes on and on.

Being that I always load my own gear....makes it hard to keep an eye on it when stage hands are throwing your stuff out in the back alley...while you finish up on stage.

Thanks a lot......"fans". Haha.

D.

That reminds me, Derek. Thanks for the Axis pedals. They ARE awesome.

:D

I don't know what I'd do if someone stole my cymbals. That's why I watch them like a hawk. My case with cymbals adds up to roughly $1800. They would be really easy to grab and walk away with.

well the good news is that ziljian overnighted him a replacement set , buuutt still !
i bet casey keeps an eye out now !
derek , you might know this better than anyone , would you have insurance on your equipment when touring ? i would think with kmi being sort of large and the number of tours under kamelots belt that they would , especially after that incident that great white had a few years back .

which band/player is this? was he watching his gear? i would personally never leave luggage unattended, but it in my local club or a stadium.
then again, if i was playing in stadiums i would no doubt have someone else looking after my luggage.

still, that sucks. humans are really crap at times.
tod , its casey grillo from the band kamelot . they are a well seasoned act but i imagine that things get pretty hectic when your on the schdule they are on . i'm sure things are different now , but i guess things can still happen under your nose as derek eluded to .

yeah i know who they are, but a cymbal bag? i'd be like the hawk up there ^
if you have a bag that has anywhere between $2000-3000 worth of gear (low estimate) in it then you'd keep some big dude nearby. or at least i would. death to the metal thieves.

still, nice he can just get them replaced huh? ;-)

Unfortunately it seems like that isnt too uncommon. After a show my cuz left his cymbals while he was packing his car and they got stolen. They were all really nice zildjian A's and he had to save up and re-buy all his cymbals. After that I bought a cymbal bag with straps so I could wear it like a backpack and now when I play a show their always the first thing to go in my car

wonder if whom ever it was would be stupid enough to try an sell them on ebay.

maybe so, keep an eye out and alert local shops

Back in the day, a pal of mine had his bike stolen and the thief called shops to get is appraised - thing was my friend was in the industry and it was a factory prototype

ZING!

Yeah, a horrible feeling.

Years ago, I had a lovely Gretsch kit stolen. I never saw it again, but I was devastated at the time.

On a different occassion, I also had my cymbals stolen,.

I did finally get them back, but in the mean time I'd shelled out big money for a new set!

Motto: Always keep a close eye in your gear...

Back