Can A Mediocre Cheese Be Used To Attract A Female Drummer?

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Many years ago, just as the Go-Gos were breaking, Gina Schock came over for a dinner date, and I served American cheese slices and Ritz crackers as a snack before dinner (I was in my spaghetti-making phase then.)

Anyway, I never saw her again. I can't help thinking a fancier cheese might have made a difference (it certainly wasn't the spaghetti, which was fabulous!)

Your thoughts?

you can lead a female drummer to cheese, but you cant make her groove

What did you put on top of the spaghetti... if it was cheese as well Gina might have been in a shock... a cheesy date ask for a cheesy outcome...

Perhaps you ought to have had a fondue. Speaking for myself, a little bit of sizzling always makes me melt.

Mmmm, yes, fondue. It was the late 70s, still kind of hip to do that.

Oh well, next time I'll know better!

I would make a joke about Karen Carpenter and the cheese of the Carpenters' output but it doesn't seem appropriate...

if she had only eaten more cheese, perhaps she'd be with us today?

Well, I could've trotted out the old story about if Mama Cass had shared her sandwich with Karen, they'd both be alive!

But, I shall exercise the appropriate restraint.

I keep thinking that if you'd maintained the Italian theme from hors d'oeuvres through dinner, you could have struck a chord.

Maybe some nice formaggio on a salt focaccia, THEN spaghetti. Or maybe thin sliced pancetta on the Ritz crackers topped with some shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, then toasted in the oven?

Hindsight is 20-20. Would you dare to turn back the clock and try again?

Cheese is the food of the gods. Drummers are the king/queen of the band, that's why we sit on a throne. Perhaps you should have rethought the spaghetti, and served her up something more appropriate, like CHOPS!

WOW, did Bermudas account get hacked?! he is in rare form today.

From a piece about Belinda Carlisle's return trips to LA:

"I sort of wade around in the various pools for a half-hour, then I have a service called Body Care, which is a complete exfoliation. The last time I did this it was with a couple of bandmates, Jane Wiedlin and Gina Schock, and after our girls' night outing at the hot springs, we didn't want to go anywhere else. So we just stopped at Trader Joe's to pick up some things to eat, like salads, cheeses, olives and iced tea, and then took it over to Jane's and ate and chatted the rest of the night."

You'll be happy to know that you are now the top non-image Google search result for "gina schock cheese," so maybe you could lead with that if you see her again.

Many years ago, just as the Go-Gos were breaking, Gina Schock came over for a dinner date, and I served American cheese slices and Ritz crackers as a snack before dinner (I was in my spaghetti-making phase then.)

Anyway, I never saw her again. I can't help thinking a fancier cheese might have made a difference (it certainly wasn't the spaghetti, which was fabulous!)

Your thoughts?

Maybe she didn't like cheese?

Your thoughts?

Clearly you schocked her.

Women like a man who can cook in the kitchen and on the drums.

Back