blues play-a-long CD's....?????

oneguy

Kinda looking for some new blues CD's to play along with? Thought I'd ask for any recomendations/suggestions here before I go shopping....? Only been playing for 6 months so "easier" stuff is prefered.

Been having some fun lately with some stuff by Etta James, Little Charlie & the Nightcats, Elvin Bishop, Johnny Lang, Robert Cray,etc. and can BS my way through some of the above. Kinda looking for something new that a novice can have some fun with.....

Thanks

I don't know of any strictly blues playalongs, but you may wanna check out Groove Essentials 1 and 2. Lots of different styles.

Maybe I worded that wrong..... sorry. I was just looking for some good easier blues music to play on the stereo/headphones to play-a-long with.....????

Yea. Groove Essentials is a book/CD (and optional DVD) with tons of playalong tracks of various styles (some of which I believe are blues).

Also, if you have guitar hero (4+) and/or rockband, you can record your own playalongs by connecting the audio out of your game system to a PC, playing the songs in drum practice mode and recording to output to wav/mp3. Those games don't have much blues but there is rockish blues like SRV and southern rock.

Thanks! I've got Groove Essentials,etc. Was just looking for some good,relatively simple blues music to play along with (on the headphones)....something different than what I've been playing along with already.....

Back