Implementing a new conecpt? Possible?

David Floegel

Silver Member
I was a bit bored so I've searched through this board a bit and also reading some old threads..

I often read about the idea of changing the board a little bit..
Which made me thoughtful..

I really love this board! The first drummers forum I joined was the german board "drummerforum.de" - which I actually didn't like..
When I joined this I totally enjoyed reading discussions and especially about the ideas that other drummers have! (Even I haven't posted so much yet)

How about generating a new site, maybe a little better organized and structured a bit different.
I really like the idea of combining the whole site, which means:
- You can comment anything (such as the "master-drummers-pages", lessons etc)
- Users can post lessons as well
- Something like an own section for user-videos
- maybe you have some ideas?

could be a bit like "lastfm"?

What do you think? Maybe this is a stupid idea but maybe it could raise the sites visitor-numbers.

Users can already post lessons if Bernhard thinks they're any good. He's posted plenty of material by forum members in the past.

Personally, I think comments on pages deeply cheapens a site's appearance. I want to look at the page, read the biography and hear the sound clips. I do not want to hear what 'Jack from Tinytown, Conneticut' thinks about Susie Ibarra.

Last edited:
You can comment anything (such as the "master-drummers-pages", lessons etc)
- Users can post lessons as well
- Something like an own section for user-videos

Everything you've suggested can more or less be done already. Whilst you can't comment directly on the drummers page on the main site, many of them already have a thread here that you can add to. If they don't then you can always start one. The main page is often referenced by people who aren't forum members. They're looking for a resource and it's an excellent one. They want to be able to read up on the background of whichever drummer they're interested in....not necessarily to read what members of the forum think.....and if they do, then they can always read the forum thread on said drummer.

Users can already post lessons. Check the technique sub-forum, there's a bunch there from regulars and not so regulars.

There's an entire sub-forum dedicated to user videos already. They can all be found in the Your Playing section.

It's all here already mate.

Can you really say after 3 years of being a member that you have trouble finding your way around this website?? I obviously spend a lot of time here but find it easier to navigate than some national news media site.

Back