Remo black suede heads

Delwrick

Anybody tried these bad boys?

I was on a crappy sound percussion kit with these fitted on the toms in Guitar Center and they honestly sounded... Dare I say it, GOOD.

There was also a Black X snare head on the snare.

All the heads sounded pretty mid-toneish, even a sort of bright sound. It had a pretty good sustain. There were marks up the yin yang on it though. It still looked mighty good though.

The black X had a darker sound. Really short sustain.

So one of two things are happening, either the man who tuned it was an unbelievable tuning genius, or those are some gooooooooood heads.

Any opinions? I think they would sound pretty awesome with evans g2 as the resonant heads.

We have a black suede ambassador on my son’s 12X7 pearl maple snare and it sound just like the ambassador we replaced! Go figure… :)

We really tried it out for durability (before replacing everything on his kits) and I have to say it’s standing up really really well.

G2 on the reso? That’s heavy but I guess your looking for “studio” sound. Dead or little sustain I suspect?

Black Suede Ambassador Resos would be the way to go. 8)

Anybody tried these bad boys?

I was on a crappy sound percussion kit with these fitted on the toms in Guitar Center and they honestly sounded... Dare I say it, GOOD.

There was also a Black X snare head on the snare.

All the heads sounded pretty mid-toneish, even a sort of bright sound. It had a pretty good sustain. There were marks up the yin yang on it though. It still looked mighty good though.

The black X had a darker sound. Really short sustain.

So one of two things are happening, either the man who tuned it was an unbelievable tuning genius, or those are some gooooooooood heads.

Any opinions? I think they would sound pretty awesome with evans g2 as the resonant heads.

I use the Ambassador weight white suede heads on the toms of my Birch kit. I love them. Sounds like a blend of coated and clear heads. Sustain like clear heads but are warmer like coated.

Would that be with Black suede emperors on batter though?! XD

Oh yeah...
It'd just be Emps. over Ambs., which is pretty common, just looking a lot better and that whole less sustain, darker sound thing.

Back