Video of new Pacific FS Birch kit

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
Just a quick demo before I headed off to work. Not really representative of my best playing, but I polished all of the drums last night and replaced most of the heads, set it up today and was able to fool around a bit. I realize some of the toms have some funky notes going on, I plan to fix that later. Kit doesn't like to stay in tune very long though.

The story for those of you that don't know, I found this on a Guitar Center used clearance. It had no hardware so I managed to pick it up for $160 out the door. That included the snare as well. Bought some hardware and cleaned it up a bit (was ratted out a bit and scratched up, had beer and pop residue on it). All in all it's not a bad kit, especially what I paid for it. I can certainly tell the difference between it and my Masters though - not even close. Thanks for watching tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUjIzCVb8zU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

New heads cost 160.00 so I would say you did OK with this purchase.

Nice buy. I have the PDP M5 (maple). Got it used for $200, no snare and no hardware. I love it.

New heads cost 160.00 so I would say you did OK with this purchase.

actually, I have a surplus of semi-used heads that I've tried for a week or less at a time on my other kits. The kick head was an SK1 barely used so I saved major dough there. Ended up buying 2 new g1 heads and a studio-x. Everything else was gravy. :)

nice pick up! it an excellent practice kit

ive been seeing one of these kits at my local GC for a while. i think they wanted 200 for it

nice pick up! it an excellent practice kit

ive been seeing one of these kits at my local GC for a while. i think they wanted 200 for it

Inspect the bearing edges and go for it. I still wish I would have opted for the Pearl Vision for $100 more but I can't complain too much. It's got some nice punch to it.

Inspect the bearing edges and go for it. I still wish I would have opted for the Pearl Vision for $100 more but I can't complain too much. It's got some nice punch to it.

my local GC always gets low end kits that have been gigged with and they post them at good to fair price. im waiting on something good to pop up.

Back