New kit, yeah! Gretsch Renown Jazz + Byzance

Cameo

Gold Member
Hi, everyone!
Picked up my new kit after a three hour drive yesterday. It's a Gretsch Renown Jazz in Dark Walnut. I traded my Shine Select Custom with a 13" HHX Evolution to get it. I got the kit along with a Meinl Byzance 20" Sand Ride. First I wasn't impressed of the ride (I maybe had to high expectiations), but now I love it. It was a little bit heavier than I thought. Since I only have one cymbal right now, it's kind of black and white, no colours so to say, haha!

Gretsch Renown Maple Jazz 18" x 14", 14" x 14", 12" x 8"
Evans G2 over G1.

Snare: Cheap steel piccolo. I'll either go for the cheaper Mapex MPX 13" x 6", or with the more expensive YMCA snare. Will change the hoops to wood, atleast. Maybe make my own.

Cymbal:
Meinl Byzance Vintage 20" Sand Ride (Benny Greb signature)

Hardware:
Cheap no-name DW5000 copies (those you can get at Thomann and Musicstore)

221776_1610677918399_1579798429_1118766_4262971_n.jpg

Will take some new photos during the easter brake with the Nikon. Taken with my iPhone.

Last edited:
Awesome Cameo !! Really love that finish !

Thank you!
Here's one more picture showing the beautiful finish. Did a really cool thing with the cowbell, too. I have a DW tom-holder, which I turned upside down. The cowbell-holder you usually put on the bass drum (but I don't want scratches). Lowered the cymbal also.

ogemR.jpg

Now I just have to wait for the other cymbals and a snare.

You guys definitely got the best Renown colors over there. The U.S. finishes are little more boring IMO.. We used to have really nice colors when they first came out.

Back