First CopperPhonic retail sale?

Blisco

I just might be!

Just confirmed payment and shipment. Should have in two days.

Anybody need a 402? lmao

This is gonna be the Mack Daddy of the Mac Daddies and will work with my Keystone perfectly. Hubba hubba ciss boom bah

(they have one more 6.5 left)(one of three dealers in the country with early stock) if you want one. I can hook you up.

Unboxed. So much yum yum

I've already installed the P86 and new heads along with the PS twisted copper wires. It was too late to really play it but I was able do an A/B tap test with the Supra and it is indeed throatier and deeper. The shell is quite a bit beefier than the 402 shell, as expected. It really has some bones in it. And it has quite the smell.

Tonight I will get my first chance to tune it up and lay into it. Tomorrow night I get to give it a 3 hour workout in a live setting. I suppose it's wise to spread the joy over a few days haha

I've already installed the P86 and new heads along with the PS twisted copper wires. It was too late to really play it but I was able do an A/B tap test with the Supra and it is indeed throatier and deeper. The shell is quite a bit beefier than the 402 shell, as expected. It really has some bones in it. And it has quite the smell.

Tonight I will get my first chance to tune it up and lay into it. Tomorrow night I get to give it a 3 hour workout in a live setting. I suppose it's wise to spread the joy over a few days haha

We will require a gasket on/off comparison to accept your review as totally thorough. You'll wanna do it anyways.

Oh, an please expound on the smell. Like a jug full of pennies?

Copper nickel alloy rims/hoops, hmmmm, that'd be interesting.

What if despite all the hot air you don't like COPPERPHONIC?

Okay, so after playing a number of gigs with it, I just have this to say:

Do you know what it's like to find something so profound that it changes the way you approach, feel and react to the music you play? Yes? This is how I feel. I loved my Black Beauty for 7+ years but I was never truly moved by it. The Supra lasted 3 months. This drum is everything I ever wanted in a do-everything snare. The sound I get when playing it and the sound I've heard out front with my ears and through recordings is just indescribable.

This is by far the best snare drum I've ever owned, all brands included.

This drum is everything I ever wanted in a do-everything snare. The sound I get when playing it and the sound I've heard out front with my ears and through recordings is just indescribable.

How about giving us a taste, hmmm? Put up some audio!

I take rave reviews of snare drums with a huge grain of salt (and I'm as guilty as anybody else of hyperventilating), but I'm thrilled that you like the Copperphonic. I second the motion to post some sound clips. Let's hear that sucker! There's one thing that simply cannot be argued, though, and that's the fact that your drum set looks fantastic. I don't care how it sounds - it's simply a feast for the eyes.

GeeDeeEmm

Great to hear about your love for the snare
What style of music are you playing? How loud is the band?

Do you know what it's like to find something so profound that it changes the way you approach, feel and react to the music you play? Yes? This is how I feel. I loved my Black Beauty for 7+ years but I was never truly moved by it. The Supra lasted 3 months. This drum is everything I ever wanted in a do-everything snare. The sound I get when playing it and the sound I've heard out front with my ears and through recordings is just indescribable.

Yeah, we know, and from your pic most would've bet you'd like it.

Now who has a COPPERPHONIC and hates it and why?

Here's a taste of the snare live. I hate this song after playing it 300 times but it's what I've got. I need our soundguy to share some more files. This is taken off the board and apparently through his home PA. Not too shabby if I say so myself. I also took a look at the EQ levels last Saturday and this is very, very flat with just a touch of verb. I will call this 95% accurate with what I hear.

https://www.facebook.com/Dan.Fulton.1978/videos/vb.732305436/10155778195815437/?type=2&theater

Wow, Blisco - your drums sound great in that clip. The tuning is perfect for that style of music, and the Ludwigs are resonant and sooooooo sweet sounding. How was the set miked? Which mics were used? What heads are you using on the toms? I'm very impressed with that sound. Oh, and your playing was spot on, my friend!

GeeDeeEmm

Best tuned Copperphonic I've heard to date. Really great snare sound my man.

Wow, Blisco - your drums sound great in that clip. The tuning is perfect for that style of music, and the Ludwigs are resonant and sooooooo sweet sounding. How was the set miked? Which mics were used? What heads are you using on the toms? I'm very impressed with that sound. Oh, and your playing was spot on, my friend!

GeeDeeEmm

Thanks! For an live off-the-board recording, it turned out pretty well. Essentially, our soundguy Dan, made a video of how the band sounds. What's missing is the 4 EAW subs in our set up. His PA is rather more modest than ours. :)

I use Audix D6 on the kick, D2 on the 10, D4 on the 12 and D4 on the floor. Snare is an i5. Like I stated, I took a look at the EQ levels at this gig (on his iPad) and they were extremely flat on all drums. There is basically no processing of my sound. You hear the real kit.

I'm using Remo PS3 clear batters over clear Amb on the toms and the kick is an EMAD with the small ring, the DW pillow (not touching the heads) and my DrumArt Aquarian Regulator custom head with a 4" port.

This was the first chance I got to hear the snare this way and it's everything I hoped it would be. Fat, punchy, articulate and presence. This has instantly become a classic in my mind and for sure a keeper. I went nearly 8 years with a BB and I thought that was as close to perfection that I would ever find in a snare drum. Thee Holy Grail. I now have zero regrets in selling it. Copper is the new Black.

I have a 5 x 14 Copperphonic and I smile very pleased with it. It has similar qualities to both the bronze and brass shells versions, but is still very unique sounding. It makes a great drum for brush playing as it is very articulate. It is not a thin sounding snare drum as it has a lot of body . It can do a very wide range of turnings well. I do plan to swap out the stock P85 and I peril lugs for a P86 and tube lugs. This would be a conversion decision for the future though, because the drum sounds and functions just fine the way it came out of the box.

Back