Tom Clamps

Electrified01

Anyone have any idea what kind of clamps there are out there that is inexpensive, reliable, and sturdy that can hold an old school tom arm onto a cymbal stand? Or should I just resort to getting a new snare stand instead?

I think that a stand clamp and a trip to a home improvement or hardware store would solve your problem
Post a pic of the tom that you want to mount and I will try to help you further. I am an automotive tech and I fabricate things like this all the time.
Here is a pic of a custom bass drum mounted three cymbal stand that I made using Plumbing fixtures, Home electrical hardware, and a clothes rack for a closet combined with conventional music store cymbal stand hardware. It also holds a cowbell and a jam block.

Attachments

• 0819092257a.jpg
    0819092257a.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:

caddywumpus,

I've looked into a few, but in general, I'm still confused which one does what and which one is better and such. I can't afford to mess up the first time since money is real tight. :*(

bobdadruma,
Here is the picture you requested. The tom I'm planning on mounting to a cymbal stand is 12" x 9". Tom arm and cymbal stand are both roughly 7/8" - 1" in diameter. I'm not sure on the diameter.

34qwar6.jpg

This kind of clamp should work. Clamp the tom holder that you already have in one end of the clamp and the other end on the stand.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,016
Last edited:
Hmmmm. Ok.

What company makes that clamp?

Pearl, Tama, Gibraltar, etc
If you want to shorten the tom mount tube that you already have you can cut it with a plumbers pipe cutter. If you don't want to buy the tool a hardware store will cut it for you.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 523
Back