vintage Ludwig drumset

dreamhollow

Hello everyone,

I have a vintage Ludwig drumset. I believe it's from the '70s. Here are the sizes:

12" tom, 13" tom, 16" floor tom, 14" snare, 2 20" kick drums

How much do you think it's worth?

Attachments

• 2014-05-13 05.46.40.jpg
    2014-05-13 05.46.40.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 343
It's worth what somebody will pay for it. It totally depends on your location--the market value of vintage drums varies quite a bit. Make sure to put some era-appropriate rims on the resonant sides of those toms before you sell them. If I were you, I would buy a 14x14 matching floor tom and a Supraphonic snare drum and split the drums into two kits: 13/16/20/Supraphonic and also 12/14/20/snare in the picture.

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know, but I'm in a similar position of wanting to sell some rare vintage cymbals. I have 5, rides hats ect, and the stamps are 1930's to 1950.
I tried eBay, had them ALL SOLD, but didn't open my PAYPAL correctly, and was BANNED! I swear, it was suggested to me buy eBay to simply invoice winners. When all was done, I tried to simply do as told, invoice though my PAYPAL, and it all went nuts. I'm done with eBay. I called a company in Chicago & a nice fella recommended I sell them in a site called reverb nation .com and I set up an account there, and it's a cool site, but can't see where to list the cymbals. The cymbals were given to me many years ago by gramps. I am a guitar player. Any suggestions? Good luck with drums!
Tks paul

I can see that this kit was put together and not the drums were sold together as a set.Both bass drums seem to have extra holes,or had the cymbal holder brackets removed.There also seems to be pieces missing,like rims,tension rods and t rods/claws.The snare is a keystone badge 60's jazzfestival model,made on or prior to 65and is worth almost as much as all the other drums combined.

In order to give a more accurate appraisal,more pics are needed onf the drums bearing edges,interiors and serial numbers.Collectors will only pay top dollar if the the drums are in original,unaltered condition.If the drum is altered,that would devalue it by as much as 35-50%.

Steve B

Those estimates are really low.Those pre 65 jazzfests,especially the preserial ones go for over 500,all day long.Those are also 3 ply maple/poplar maple Luddies,.Minimum 600,for a 4 piece kit.

Steve B

Back