DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Technique

Drum Technique Tips - Tricks - Practice - Rudiments - Educational DVDs & Books.....

Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 AM

Default fast 16ths with one foot 32nds with both

hey whats up, i got a trick for double bass or single bass too. so the trick is to get your leg to twitch. do this by lifting your heel and tensing your calf muscle till you feel your leg bounce. it will do it by itself .now at the kit bury the beater in the head, so the stroke is starting from the head, plate down.its easier to do at moderate tempos like 130-150bpm.one way i got the feel for it was matching single strokes on my snare with singles on the kick also playing singles between the floor tom and kick helps.this is at 150bpm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_hHz...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: fast 16ths with one foot 32nds with both

Do you notice there's a lack in synchronisation between your R and L foot?
Do you notice that the beater distance to the head is ridiculously low? And pretty uneven between R and L?

How long have you been playing? I really don't want to rant here, please take my questions/remarks seriously. They're meant as info and fair criticism.

BTW, that "trick" is called ankle motion - secret revealed.

And burying the beater has no benefit purely motion-wise whatsoever in terms of playing speed. Burying the beater or not is something drummers decide to do or not to do because of sonic reasons (some do it one way or the other simply by habit though).
Old 07-20-2012, 10:47 AM

its cool man its not meant to be a piece and the low beater and burying it, is backwards. but necessary for this technique. and it might be the angle of the shot.and im not the best drummer in the world and im cool with it..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 AM

when i say bury all im saying is start with the beater on the head. and im demonstrating the technique with a defined first stroke to show the motion how the 16ths start with the beater on the head.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

PS: You can always edit your posts (to avoid multiple posts in a row). Looks cleaner ;-)
Old 07-20-2012, 11:31 AM

hahaha right on man peace brother
Old 07-22-2012, 03:04 AM

dude, definitely, you should slow down to a slower tempo and practice that. We all know its a pain in the ass having to slow down and play boring stuff, but, use a METRONOME, and play it at a speed that actually works. And from there, just speed up and repeat.

Also, you should start practicing with just your left foot to strengthen your left foot so its not straining to keep up with the right. Thats the problem i saw in the video.

Also, you could adjust your left drum pedal spring tension so that its easier to press down than your right pedal seeing as how your left foot is clearly weaker than your right.

PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 AM

thanks for the input man http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loart...ature=youtu.be check this one out it was supposed to start around 17 sec

Last edited by jmck; 07-24-2012 at 02:54 PM.