DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Well, that escalated quickly!

Last night's gig was always going to be a bit of a learning curve, but not in the way we thought. Completely packed house, & it was our first outing with the new QU desk + Qpad, plus all the band on IEM's + ME500 mixers. It's a very different performing vibe for sure, but that aspect went better than we thought.

What we didn't expect was a lack of physical front monitors barrier allowing predatory females to storm the stage area for the last few numbers. We're not talking screaming fans here, we're talking inebriated, scantily clad, questionable appendage wielding "ladies" hell bent on inappropriate assault of band members while other filmed with their phones. The 3 front guys suffered contact considerably over the line - how they kept playing is beyond me.

Myself & the keys player thought we'd got away with it due to our handy organic personal barriers, but oh no, they jumped on us during gear breakdown, with actions that can only be described as arrestable!

Sounds like fun, but it got stupid, & the offenders were eventually removed from the premises. We're hoping video doesn't emerge!

Last edited by Andy; 02-03-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Well, that escalated quickly!

Was it the #iwanttosexuallyharasstoo movement?
Old 02-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Platinum Member

Wow some people have all the luck-just kidding! Well I guess you could look at it that it was nice they were so moved by your music it evoked such a response-or live in fear you now have femme fatale stalkers. Before your videos showed lovely young ladies taking phone pics-now make a big move to digital and look what happens-digits everywhere. I'm a lil disappointed there is no video this time LOL.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:06 PM
Silver Member

By the title of your thread....I thought you were hit with a barrage of Moderator requests!

Lol
Old 02-03-2019, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member

Braggart. ;) ..................................
Old 02-03-2019, 03:14 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

VI-DE-O! VI-DE-O! VI-DE-O!
Old 02-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member

Proof I’ve always been in the wrong bands! LOL!!

Last edited by AzHeat; 02-03-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member

This is a great advertising idea for the QU desk + Qpad, plus IEM's + ME500 mixers. Do before and after shots.
Show how better sound can have a positive affect on the audience.

Old 02-03-2019, 04:51 PM

It's only happended to me once. Small venue with no stage. We were playing on the floor.

Any idea challenging it is to keep the groove going while a sloppy drunk, popping out of her mini-dress temptress is using your testicles as castanets!

Last edited by sumdrumguy; 02-04-2019 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Edited for clarification :P
Old 02-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Gold Member

So, where do I get tickets for the next FU gig?
Old 02-03-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumdrumguy View Post
...while a sloppy drunk, pooping out of her mini-dress
I sure hope she wasn't 'pooping' out of her mini-dress! That would be the sign of a very sloppy drunk.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Last night's gig was always going to be a bit of a learning curve, but not in the way we thought. Completely packed house, & it was our first outing with the new QU desk + Qpad, plus all the band on IEM's + ME500 mixers. It's a very different performing vibe for sure, but that aspect went better than we thought.

What we didn't expect was a lack of physical front monitors barrier allowing predatory females to storm the stage area for the last few numbers. We're not talking screaming fans here, we're talking inebriated, scantily clad, questionable appendage wielding "ladies" hell bent on inappropriate assault of band members while other filmed with their phones. The 3 front guys suffered contact considerably over the line - how they kept playing is beyond me.

Myself & the keys player thought we'd got away with it due to our handy organic personal barriers, but oh no, they jumped on us during gear breakdown, with actions that can only be described as arrestable!

Sounds like fun, but it got stupid, & the offenders were eventually removed from the premises. We're hoping video doesn't emerge!
Video or it didn't happen! Come on now.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
Video or it didn't happen! Come on now.
We didn't video the gig, but if I displayed even 1 second of video, or even a screen shot, I'd have to ban myself!

I've also had calls from band members asking me to police any social media video posts from 3rd parties, as spouse support for their band involvement would likely prove challenging. The guys behaved impeccably & professionally, but video clips without context could easily be taken the wrong way.
Old 02-03-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
If I displayed even 1 second of video, or even a screen shot, I'd have to ban myself!

I've also had calls from band members asking me to police any social media video posts from 3rd parties, as spouse support for their band involvement would likely prove challenging. The guys behaved impeccably & professionally, but video clips without context could easily be taken the wrong way.
Upload it and post a link. Inquiring minds want to know/see!

As a side note and not to entirely hijack the thread, I gave a lap dance to a bride-to-be at a show we did over the summer. She and her bridal party were on a scavenger hunt and one of the items on her list was, "receive lap dance." She's wearing a white top and sitting on my lap in the photo below. The song we're playing? "Lady Marmalade."

Old 02-03-2019, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Bro View Post
I gave a lap dance to a bride-to-be at a show we did over the summer.
Holy crap! I'm assuming your (probably ex) better half was suitably impressed?

I remember our singer at a festival - his wife in the audience - decided it would be a good idea to introduce a song as something he sang to his first wife on their wedding day. Of course, that went down really well (NOT!!!).

Quote:
I don't actually have a video clip, but judging by the number of phones pointing at the action, they certainly exist :(
Old 02-03-2019, 07:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

As a side note and not to entirely hijack the thread, I gave a lap dance to a bride-to-be at a show we did over the summer. She and her bridal party were on a scavenger hunt and one of the items on her list was, "receive lap dance." She's wearing a white top and sitting on my lap in the photo below. The song we're playing? "Lady Marmalade."

Wow I'm impressed I know that was a hard gig to play with that lovely lady grinding on you like that. I don't know if I could keep focus.
Old 02-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
As a side note and not to entirely hijack the thread, I gave a lap dance to a bride-to-be at a show we did over the summer.
Actually, looks like she gave YOU a lap dance.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAgrippa View Post
I know that was a hard gig to play with that lovely lady grinding on you like that. I don't know if I could keep focus.
Likely a shuffle ;)
Old 02-03-2019, 09:38 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:

I remember our singer at a festival - his wife in the audience - decided it would be a good idea to introduce a song as something he sang to his first wife on their wedding day. Of course, that went down really well (NOT!!!).
OMG that's a scream. In front of all those people no less. That's a heapin helpin of some bad crow right there.

That was your former singer I'm assuming.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:16 PM

We had a drunk lady come up on stage after our bass player one night. The bass player's wife and woman's husband both went after her at the same time lol
Old 02-03-2019, 11:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Likely a shuffle ;)
Grindcore??

As for your latest tale. Well, shit. Some people have all the luck!!

You'll have every band in the region coming to your gigs just to hand out flyers and poach your crowd.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
I sure hope she wasn't 'pooping' out of her mini-dress! That would be the sign of a very sloppy drunk.
That's what I get for posting pre-coffee on a post-gig morning!!! :D
Old 02-04-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
We didn't video the gig, but if I displayed even 1 second of video, or even a screen shot, I'd have to ban myself!

The broadest interpretation of "spousal suport"!!!
Old 02-04-2019, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumming sort of person View Post
Actually, looks like she gave YOU a lap dance.
Yeah I guess technically that's true. We were trying to figure out how she could sit w/ me straddling her, either standing or sitting and still play the song. We realized the only way it would work is if she sat on my lap.

And my girlfriend is understanding that's it part of the entertainment. She gave me an "uh huh" with the raised eyebrow.

And while the band doesn't have video of it, the bridal party all had their phones pointed at us so just like Andy's situation, there's certainly video of it out there somewhere. I figure if I run for political office, it'll show up rather quickly.

Last edited by Lee-Bro; 02-04-2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: for grammar and spelling corrections.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:51 AM

I donít play out, but I think at my age and looks, I would attract the female demo that If undergarments were thrown our way, we would likely throw them back or keep them for use on a future camping trip or for use if I ever wanted to try paragliding. J/k
Old 02-04-2019, 01:38 AM
Administrator

I assure all this was nothing to do with band followers or adoration, & certainly nothing to do with band member attractiveness (or more accurately, lack of). It could have been any band able to pull a crowd & create an enthusiastic vibe that night. We were just convenient stooges.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:22 AM
Silver Member

Do you guys need a opening act for your next gig there?
Old 02-04-2019, 12:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzHeat View Post
Proof Iíve always been in the wrong bands! LOL!!
Sounds funny until it happens. You get a horrible feeling of helplessness when some random crosses that line and you're sat there and can't move.

Drunk women are the absolute worst, they really push their luck thinking they can get away with it without realising that being a drunken mess aint attractive. I will stop in the middle of a song now until they get off the stage. I get paid to entertain not babysit, if alcohol turns you into an idiot, don't drink, but chances are they're beyond saving!

The singer usually cops the worst of it, I've seen our singer have his crotch grabbed by another guy mid song at a wedding. I've also seen our singer get propositioned down the mic. I hide my sticks to stop the have a go heroes but when you get the ones who grab the mic and think it's a drumstick...........hulk smash!

If you wanna see the best way to deal with a drunken idiot go on youtube and type in Bill Hicks loses it.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Platinum Member

That is funny!

I shared this story before, but we had a similar situation at a gig we played at a county park. This really drunk, scantily-clad young lady just invited herself up on stage and started dancing up on the band members. She stepped on a cord that started a buzzing sound we didn't fix until the next break. When she got to me, she got behind me and started dancing with her, uh, chest, right up against my back.

After our set, the wife of our bandleader said, "God, Larry, you got it the worst of all. What a disgusting slut. I bet you can't wait to go home and wash the boob sweat off yourself."

Me: "Yeah, that was so ridiculous."

Me, in my head: "GOD I LOVE MUSIC."
Old 02-04-2019, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member

Hahaha makes for a good story in a few years at least.

Our singer used to give out a CD to whoever had the best dance moves while we were playing. We had a girl come on stage and start doing some very inappropriate dancing once and start taking off a few items of clothing. we had to stop the song before it got any worse and the set was cut short. Needles to say, we are very specific now or don't do that. haha

Another time had a female keep trying to help me take down my gear after a gig and kept telling her "no thanks, I'm good" as nice as I could well still being firm about it. I eventually said "I don't like help, even from my band mates because I have a system. Go help a guitar player if you want do do something" to maybe get her to go to someone else. I had turned my back for a minute, and she took all of the wingnuts out of my floor tom leg brackets. I changed my tone pretty quick as that metal collar is a real PITA to get back in there.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:27 PM

I want to play the songs you're playing.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:34 PM

Seems Ive been out of the game way too long...so this is what happens nowdays eh?....
I need a gig asap...