Free Drum Dictionary Now Available

richardwdbest

I’ve just completed my drum terms dictionary and have made it available as part of my website (drumyoda.com).

The dictionary contains nearly 550 terms. I've done enough explaining in the intro so I'll let you get that part of the story from there.

Please check it out. I hope it brings you as much enlightenment as it brought me by doing the research.

http://tinyurl.com/a29q48o (www.frugal-wine.com/drumyoda/drumdict.html)

Regards,
Richard Best, Oakville Ontario Canada

Suggestion: You should use links instead of one long page. Like a page for the A's, a page for the B's, etc. Would make it easier to navigate.

Suggestion: You should use links instead of one long page. Like a page for the A's, a page for the B's, etc. Would make it easier to navigate.
Yes and no. I like to search for certain terms on a website and in this case it's great to have everything on one page so the search would reveal hits if the term exists on that page. But having the terms grouped by letters isn't a bad idea either.

Yeah that's true. I guess it depends on how much info there is. But this page is all along the left side with nothing in the middle. Looks a little awkward, IMO.

B8
A type of bronze that is 8% tin and 92% copper. The metal does not have the quality of bell bronze, but can produce a decent cymbal at a moderate price. The sound such cymbals produce might be described as hard or brittle, which makes them ideal for rock. For the beginner or someone on a tight budget, they can be a good option. Also see Sheet Metal Cymbal.

Really?? I think anyone with a set of Giant Beats might have something to say about this. I know my APX ride is certainly a quality cymbal.

Really?? I think anyone with a set of Giant Beats might have something to say about this. I know my APX ride is certainly a quality cymbal.

+1...Also Paiste the 2002 series are B-8 bronze.There are other examples but none come to mind at the time.There are some cymbalsmiths making nickel silver and stainless steel cymbals that sound fantastic.

Truth is,its not so much the material,it's what you do with it..

Nice catch Menace.We don't need the propogation of more cymbal internet urban legend B.S. going any further.

Steve B

Back