Identify This Pedal?

brutalslam

I have an older DW 5000 double pedal. I'm hoping you guys might be able to tell around what year it was made? A guy at guitar center said it looked like some type of prototype.

Thanks.

PICS:

drumstuff007.jpg

drumstuff006.jpg

drumstuff005.jpg

drumstuff004.jpg

drumstuff003.jpg

drumstuff002.jpg

drumstuff001.jpg

Not a prototype.

That is how they were made in late 80's. They are usually scene with a single universal joint. That one at least has a double universal, although it is possible it converted to a double universal after that fact.

As for value, who knows. The old style bent beater shaft is considered pretty passe by today's standards. There is one on ebay now for $139 with zero bids on it.

A brand new DW 3002 is only $199 these days, which I'd consider a better pedal than that one.

Still, some kid may want it as a 1st double pedal. You could probably get $50-$100 for it, depending on your local market conditions.

Thanks. Any idea what yr these were made? And if i cleaned it up, what should i be able to sell it for?

Clearly from the covered wagon days, $50 max

The first'est 5K doubles slave clamped to the bass drum hoop (believe it or not) I believe, this came after.

Thanks guys, I sold it to a local music shop. I'm looking at getting a used Iron Cobra double pedal now. What year did they start putting the cobra coil in them? I've found some pretty good deals on them on the guitar center used website, but i wanna make sure i don't buy an outdated Iron Cobra.

Back