Dave Grohl

Dave Grohl is a simple drummer but there is one song that he did with Nirvana that no one gives him any credit for and that is Scentless Apprentice off of In Utero. That song is all single pedal and it still till this day gives me a hard time. The only way to keep that beat going consistintly is with heel toe. I have heard a solo of his when he was with Nirvana and all he played was a sloppy triplet. Wasn't too good but overall I say he is a good drummer and one of my first influences.

dave may be overatted, and not a "good guitarist" but he has been in the game for ever, and i dont see him leaving anytime soon. The Foo Fighters are becoming bigger every year, so dave is probly chillin' collecting very large sums of money, and living the life we all dream of, so in my opinion, dave grohl is a p.i.m.p

You guys......listen to 'A Song For The Dead' on QOTSA's Songs For the Deaf.........it will blow you away. IMO he is the second strongest drummer to Bonham

I remember reading an issue of metalhammer dedicated to the Foo Fighters and throughout the magazine they displayed Dave as The BEST drummer in the world, I cant say i agree with this but i think he is a good arounded drummer, but he doesent amaze me like other drummers for example Donati or Gadd.

Dave Grohl is a great musician, and that is where he gets my respect. I call myslf a drummer, but im also a guiarist/singer/songwriter. the fact that he was a drummer and now is up as a frontman is evidence enuf 4 me 2 give him my respect. and he is a very gd drummer also. 'A Song for the Dead' is a great QOTSA track, and "No One Knows" is also a goodie that you can check out on Grohl's page on the Drummerworld site.

I think Dave Grohl is great. I have to agree with everyone who has said that he may not be the most technical drummer, but his ability to interpret the music is second to none. Aside from his drumming, he's just a cool guy in general. I enjoy watching his interviews just as much as I enjoy watching him play drums.

Yea, he does look like a funny guy. Especially watching some of the Foo Fighters video clips. I'm still waiting for the 'funny video' off their latest album......I just hope they haven't got too serious :(

Much inspired clearly by Bonham is he. Hard-pounding one, trully is he.

Speaking like Yoda are we??? (Sorry, if this werne't the case, i couldn't miss this joke anyway :p)

Check out also the song "First it Giveth" from the QOTSA album where he plays. Great single bass drum work, I wouldn't believe if the band hadn't said so!!

oh yeah, i forgot he played that album. that was some tasteful drumming there too, as tasteful as tenacious d can be.

In his drumming, just like in his guitar playing, he isn't about playing technical stuff. He's about playing great sounding stuff, that really fits the music.

To me, he's a great musician. He has great sounding guitar riffs, and kicks ass on the drums.

imo, dave grohl is one of the better all around musicians, hs a great drummer and a killer singer, not bad at guitar either

yeah, he did a small guitar battle with the other foos guitarist guy, and seemed really good (though im no expert.) although i think the other guy won. taylor hawkins was supposed to be singing an acoustic number, but everything seemed to have been cranked up for grohl's drumming.

the foo fighters are awesome because they have 2 killer drummers in the band

he has a killer ending in a queens song(''song for the dead'')listen this song.i didnt like that much the song but drums are awesome.
i think he s the best in the modern rock arena of today.i admire him and taylor hawkins.

I like Dave's work, almost all of it. He has excellent versatility and has a lot of excellent material.

I like "Nevermind" but nothing else from Nirvana. I like a lot of stuff from the Foo fighters.

Dave need not be the best at anything, to be exceptionally entertaining at everything.

i agree dave grohl wass awsome in nirvana but i dont agree he was the only good thing but i think he was really only good in nirvana

lfdy said:
In his drumming, just like in his guitar playing, he isn't about playing technical stuff. He's about playing great sounding stuff, that really fits the music.

To me, he's a great musician. He has great sounding guitar riffs, and kicks ass on the drums.

i really only think his voice sounds good when kurt it singing with him except for marigold, and i find his guitar riffs rather boring, but he is my favorite drummer, and in moby dick he does a wonderfull job his fill ins sound better then bonham in my opinion

Back