Tuxedo,or galaxy bags???

A-customs

Silver Member
The Humes-Burg.Tuxedo bags vs the galaxy bags..Im looking at these 2.Does anyone have pics of the insides of these????Memphis drum shop has a short clip of them,where you can see but since the tuxedo are more i dont see much of a difference.Anyone with comments would be cool. I just got a birch custom kit that i need some nice soft cases for.Thanks in advance.Kevin

I own the Humes & Berg Drumseeker line. The Best in "soft" cases. I got them at rezdrums.com in Hollywood, FL.

The Galaxy bags are good inexpensive bags. Not as well-padded as the more deluxe (and costly) bags, but they work fine and are well-made.

One nice thing about them is they are available in a huge number of sizes. You can often get a 5-piece set of bags (rock or fusion) for $120 or so, then add whatever individual bags you may need.

Since i have two kits the one i gig with, my stage custom which i have cheap bags for,And my Absolute kit,which im looking to take out to some venues from time to time.I would be handling them so its not like they are going to get thrown around,the Galaxy seem like they should do huh??????

If you are going to take the Absolutes out.. I would spend the extra few clams on either better bags or hard cases. You did not skimp on the drums - why skimp on the protection?

The lower end bags are a pain in the butt - they sag when you are trying to get the drums in and out, and provide very little real protection from dings and scrapes.

If I was going to take a >$2500 drum kit out to gig - I would spend the extra 50 bucks or whatever for Drumseekers, Protection Racket or something.

If you are going to take the Absolutes out.. I would spend the extra few clams on either better bags or hard cases. You did not skimp on the drums - why skimp on the protection?

The lower end bags are a pain in the butt - they sag when you are trying to get the drums in and out, and provide very little real protection from dings and scrapes.

If I was going to take a >$2500 drum kit out to gig - I would spend the extra 50 bucks or whatever for Drumseekers, Protection Racket or something.

point well taken.I Guess i was hoping someone would say the Galaxy bags where a beast of a bag,and had all the protection i would ever need....I guess now its between the tuxedo or drumseekers.........

If you can afford the drumseekers get them, but for the money/protection the tuxedo bags are great. I just got them for my Gretsch Cat. Maple for under $200 from Steve Weiss. They are 15% thru the end of the month. The price is already taken off when you add them to your cart.

http://www.steveweissmusic.com/special_splash

FYI, if you have suspension mounts on your toms Humes and Berg recommends getting the next size up. So if your tom is 12X9 get a 13X9.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got he company line, "buy one size up for suspension mounts". You don't have to. I've got Gretsch GTS mounts, which are fairly large mounts, and they fit fine (see pic below). They slip right in with the mount to either side of the hinge..no added stress on the zipper. I tried a 1" larger bag and it seemed way to loose, the drum was floppin' around in there.

Im Thinking about getting one size up for the bass.I have 16x22.was pondering the 18x 22.Just so i dont have to fight the larger shell.But as far as the toms was going to get their right sizes.....Sound good??????,I think im going with the tuxedo bags.......BTY Thanks for the replies..I love this place..........

Is it price that's keeping you from the Seeker? It's minimal..The 14X14 Seeker catalogs for $44, the Tux catalogs for $42, I got the Seeker from my dealer for $38. Also..I got the 18X22 for my bass (which is 18X22) and there is no problem fitting it. All the bags have plenty of extra room. The better reason to get the 18" is for when/if you get a 18X22.

Is it price that's keeping you from the Seeker? It's minimal..The 14X14 Seeker catalogs for $44, the Tux catalogs for $42, I got the Seeker from my dealer for $38. Also..I got the 18X22 for my bass (which is 18X22) and there is no problem fitting it. All the bags have plenty of extra room. The better reason to get the 18" is for when/if you get a 18X22.

Yes Wayne,to be honest,its the price.For instance The 18x22 theres a 32 dollar difference,the 16 is almost 20.00 iSteve Weiss tuxedo is 204...Seeker bags Memphis drum shop is 275.....And like i said its not like im going to use them at all my gigs ,just the chosen few.......But i see why they are a little more,they look REALLY NICE.....Im on the fence for sure

Thank You.......... Well i totally ruled out the Galaxy bags,but im really torn.I should just do the seeker and be done with it..........

Back