Question for Duallist owners

JeremyS

I just got a duallist double (gonna upgrade to triple if I like it) on ebay. It didn't come with any manual or video or anything (not sure what it comes with new). I won't get a chance to play it until Wednesday, but in checking it out, I noticed that with the left beater in the locked position, it is still moving until it strikes the blocking mechanism. This didn't occur in any of the videos I've seen and I was wondering if there was something I could do to make it as immobile as it is in the videos I've seen. It seems like it will make an annoying clacking sound if left as is. I think I might be able to get a video of it up if that would be necessary.

Also is there a video or manual I can get somewhere that outlines what all of the adjustments do? I haven't bought a new bass pedal since around '94-'95 (or anything drum related other than sticks and heads) and all of the infinite adjustability can be a little intimidating.

I've seen those, but sometimes I'm not that great at getting what's in my brain to come out on the keyboard. I was wondering if there was something more in depth about what all of the adjustments actually do and what I would hope to accomplish by adjusting them, but I figure I'm gonna have to use trial and error for that.

Using those videos as an example though, my left beater is actually playing the upstroke and just being stopped short by the shut off mechanism, while the one in the video is basically motionless.

Too true. I'm just in the unfortunate position of having not bought anything new drum wise for about 13-14 years (until my recent spree) and was hoping there was something to get me up to speed quicker. I'm still at a loss as to the left pedal moving when it should be locked down though.

your a bloke we dont need manuals. when it all goes horrible we gp rooting around in the bin for it. until then you dont need it :p

your a bloke we dont need manuals. when it all goes horrible we gp rooting around in the bin for it. until then you dont need it :p

Yeah, but in my case I spent the last four hours rewiring a car stereo to work when I didn't want to i) read the manual ii) buy the correct adapter leads. Occasionally reading the manual can help.

yeah but a drum pedal isn't an electrical job

If you ask me, with all the ridiculous parts they throw on there, they may as well be. I had a quick go at a 70's Camco the other day. Brilliant pedal. Nothing complicated. Complication is usually totally irrelevant and often confusing.

I just got a duallist double (gonna upgrade to triple if I like it) on ebay. It didn't come with any manual or video or anything (not sure what it comes with new). I won't get a chance to play it until Wednesday, but in checking it out, I noticed that with the left beater in the locked position, it is still moving until it strikes the blocking mechanism. This didn't occur in any of the videos I've seen and I was wondering if there was something I could do to make it as immobile as it is in the videos I've seen. It seems like it will make an annoying clacking sound if left as is. I think I might be able to get a video of it up if that would be necessary.

Also is there a video or manual I can get somewhere that outlines what all of the adjustments do? I haven't bought a new bass pedal since around '94-'95 (or anything drum related other than sticks and heads) and all of the infinite adjustability can be a little intimidating.

I have been playing a Duallist now for 3 years. I didn't get any DVD with it, just the pedal and manual, which is very basic.

You will need to spend several hours over several weeks adjusting this pedal to your playing style. Assuming you have good right-foot skills to control it, The Duallist will open up amazing new possibilities and skills you were unaware you had, but it has to be adjusted right for you, The secondary beater may bob a bit when you are playing in single mode, depending on your settings, and this is okay.

Thanks. I thought something might be wrong with mine after seeing it move when the ones in the videos were pretty much stationary. I bought it used and many of the factory settings appear to have been changed. I got to tinker with it for a bit yesterday and it took me about an hour to get it to the point where it was doing relatively smooth 16ths. It's still not where I want it, but it's much closer. I reckon it's just going to be an ongoing process. It definitely opens up a lot of options, though I can tell I'm going to have to alter my foot technique a little bit to get the most out of it.

Back