I have a newfound respect for all you Aussies...

OMG Fire Tornados! :O

From what I've read here, they should add a photo of a Black Beauty price tag to that list.

I don't remember where I read this,or how accurate it is but somewhere around 70-80% of OZ's wildlife can either kill or seriously injure humans.

That"s just crazy.Stay safe guys.

Steve B

Crazy! All that makes sense.

My drums are made of Cooktown ironwood, found only in Australia. Its leaves are poisonous, it sinks in water and it won't catch on fire. Apparently there are termites the size of your index finger all over the place so the wood has to be indestructible to survive.

Attachments

• drop-bear-image.jpg
    drop-bear-image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 566
I don't remember where I read this,or how accurate it is but somewhere around 70-80% of OZ's wildlife can either kill or seriously injure humans.

Dunno about 70-80%, but ya gotta watch out for these guys...cause hundreds of deaths each year!

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55865&stc=1&d=1366076598
Gotta love those drop bear stories. Don't we have enough actual deadly wildlife without bringing the innocent koala into it as well? : P

Disregard what toadmc said.
Drop bears are all too real.
On arrival in this terrible beauty of a country I was warned about them.
And believe me, I listened.
The first time I walked through bush I looked up, all the time.

I tripped on a log, barked my shin; it hurt like.......
But not for one second did I stop looking up.
Because that's when they'll get you.

You've been warned.
Look up.
Or become a tall story!

I understand the platypusses (platypi?) are poisonous. What a freak of nature that thing is. It has spurs on the insides of it's thighs that supposedly injects poison, which is supposed to be painful as hell... You got Great Whites swimming near your beaches...You got White Greas, keeping temperature records for 19 years....(sorry couldn't resist)

Dunno about 70-80%, but ya gotta watch out for these guys...cause hundreds of deaths each year!

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55865&stc=1&d=1366076598

WHAT?!?!?!?

That's a real thing?!

I have never heard that before. Definitely not the cute teddy bears they appear to be.

Scratching Australia off the vacation list...

I personally have never been to Australia, but about two years ago dreamed on four or five consecutive nights I would live in Queensland. One dream had me loading a Toyota Landcruiser with extra gas and water, as the distance to my the neighboring town was over a thousand miles. So, maybe I will be able to finally afford Brady drums some day...

Scratching Australia off the vacation list...

Weak!!

And I had cold beers lined up to celebrate your impending arrival and everything....................you could even pat the pet drop bears.

. One dream had me loading a Toyota Landcruiser with extra gas and water, as the distance to my the neighboring town was over a thousand miles.

Only in rural areas. In metropolises like Brisbane and the Gold or Sunshine Coasts, your nearest neighbours are only about 500 miles away.

But you've still got no hope getting a cheap Brady.......they're cheaper in downtown New York than they are in their country of origin.

sounds like if you live in Australia you better have a 12 gauge shoot gun strapped to your side!

You know we would, but they took all of our guns off us back in the early 90's I think it was. It's like swimming naked in a barrel full of piranhas around here let me tell you!

This is the most terrifying image I've seen in a long, long time.

277047-gina-rinehart-an-australian-mining-tycoon-has-leap-frogged-walmart-hei.jpg

Can you imagine that dropping out of a tree onto your un-suspecting self?

Attachments

• tumblr_m9z7zt1NBd1qgyuqbo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m9z7zt1NBd1qgyuqbo1_500.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 731
Back