New Yamaha Drums at NAMM

That hardware catalog is like a work of art. I felt like isolating and framing the images.

The key here is "Concept" so they may or may not go into production.

Well, they've done Maple, Birch, Beech and Oak. Dabbled in Bamboo. Then they mix wooded the PHX ... my guess is there gonna go Carbon Fiber.

I heard the new Yamaha kit is going to be solid kapur (ply, not solid shell) kit, one of the woods from the Phoenix line. A kind of mahogany retro-sounding kit.

Also heard that Sakae Drums is going to introduce a drum kit to add to their line of snares.

I heard the new Yamaha kit is going to be solid kapur (ply, not solid shell) kit, one of the woods from the Phoenix line. A kind of mahogany retro-sounding kit.

Also heard that Sakae Drums is going to introduce a drum kit to add to their line of snares.

I also heard they were going to be set up in a retro/vintage style...we'll see not too many days til NAMM...

Gosh I hope they will offer that kit made out of castor/arialia like the snare they offer.

I once worked with that timber, it's often sold as "sen ash" over here, but it has nothing to do with ash at all apart from a somewhat similar look. It has a wonderful silky touch to it, and working with it is really nice.

Those clamps are already in the market...as matter of fact I have some of them....:)
Guys, is the Hexrack now officially back in production c/w these new clamps? I love Yamaha hardware. My current rack is Pearl DRC, Pearl clamps, but with Yamaha cymbal booms & tom arms. I'd like a complete Hexrack system for my new kit, but I'm scared to invest if they've not sorted supply continuity out. Anyone got the inside track on this? If not, if anyone's going to NAMM, please ask the Yamaha guys for me. I'd be very grateful for the info.

Guys, is the Hexrack now officially back in production c/w these new clamps? I love Yamaha hardware. My current rack is Pearl DRC, Pearl clamps, but with Yamaha cymbal booms & tom arms. I'd like a complete Hexrack system for my new kit, but I'm scared to invest if they've not sorted supply continuity out. Anyone got the inside track on this? If not, if anyone's going to NAMM, please ask the Yamaha guys for me. I'd be very grateful for the info.

I'm not going to NAMM, but I have few ways to find out..I'll ask and see what's up with the hex rack...

I've got some contacts at Yamaha..I'll ask and see what I can find out...
Very grateful if you can. Yamaha site is short on info. For example, they don't even list the tom arm rack clamps they include with the basic rack & show in their brochure pictures. I need to buy these pieces separately, but with no listing or part number, what the hell do I ask for? As you can imagine, I'm keen to get such things nailed down if I'm going to be spending upwards of $1,500 on hardware.

K.I.S., doesn't your dealer have a parts catalog?
Yamaha's is pretty extensive. It should list everything you want, down to the screws that go into it.

Back