Dennis Hopper RIP

J

Jeff Gordon #24

One of my All-Time Favorite actors, Dennis Hopper, lost his battle with prostate cancer today. He was 74.

Great actor/director/creator for many years, best known for his role in the cult-classic film "Easy Rider" with Peter Fonda.

Also had roles in "Rebel Without a Cause" with James Dean and Natalie Wood, "Apocalypse Now", "Hoosiers", and "Speed". And directed such films as "Colors", "The Hot Spot", and "Chasers"

One of my personal favorites of his was 1992s' "Red Rock West" with Nicolas Cage.

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Hopper.

RIP

Last edited:
R.I.P Talented Sir
Dennis Hopper = Frank Booth

Yep, I remember that role. First time I watched that film I'd just eaten a kebab. He was so scary he had my stomach in knots - I could hardly digest. That scene with Isabella Rossellini totally freaked me out!

RIP to one of the grand old hellraisers.

He was one of my favorite actors.

We share the same birthday.

I was lucky to meet him once in '97. I walked into a cigar bar in West Palm Beach to grab a pack of matches and he just started talking to me. He was waiting for his wife to finish shopping. Nice guy.

"Pop Quiz Hot Shot. Who was also a very accomplished photographer?"

Dennis Hopper was, that's who.

R.I.P.

RIP...Loved his acting skills....When my brother took me to see Easy Rider..I was blown away.......

I will never forget "Blue Velvet". David Lynch is so twisted and Hopper was amazing. I think he was nominated for a Golden Globe for that role. Perfectly cast IMO.

Back