AGH, missed it- that moment you miss your bid :(

Pair of K-Custom special dry hi hats (my favorite sounding hats ever so far) used once, no stick marks on it, went for £60.....unfortunately i didn't have the money and mum would not loan me the cash either after she bought my k-custom ride.....i miss those hats man :[

Look up eBay sniping. Software will help you out.

Thanks MisterMixelPix! This will certainly help me out :D

Talking of the ones that got away, theres a set of hats on ebay at the moment i have my eye on, i'm only letting these bad boys get away if the price goes much higher than their worth :p

I missed a couple of deal but my most "unforgiven" miss was a pair of Sabian 13" HH fusion hats in mint condition for 80$ cdn. Also I was 3 minutes too late when the auction of a Sabian 21" HH Raw Bell Dry ride ended for 120$ cdn. I found it's easier to bid and buy for less during the summer, I dont know if its because there's less bidder also there's more bids increasing the price during tax return time.

I remember a few years ago, there was a Ludwig Classic Maple kit on eBay in gold sparkle with 10, 12, 15, and 18-inch toms with, I believe, a 24" kick. Kit was up for 1200, and ended with no bids. I got some brand-new Pearls for that much a few years later, so I suppose that makes up for everything.

A few months ago i got paid about £135 and went shopping and found a mint condition, used-once 18" A Custom crash with a starting price of £30!!

I had the highest bid for over a week at about 70 something and i got out bid 4 minutes before the end by £10. So i bid again about 40 seconds before it ended at about £95, thinking i had it in the bag. So of course, as many Ebay shoppers do, the cheeky git bid just ONE MORE POUND before i could re-bid before the end!

That's the most money i've had for a while because of having not much work and I haven't seen an A Custom in that sort of condition for that sort of price very much since then.

I SEVERELY regret not getting it D:
xoxo

A few months ago i got paid about £135 and went shopping and found a mint condition, used-once 18" A Custom crash with a starting price of £30!!

I had the highest bid for over a week at about 70 something and i got out bid 4 minutes before the end by £10. So i bid again about 40 seconds before it ended at about £95, thinking i had it in the bag. So of course, as many Ebay shoppers do, the cheeky git bid just ONE MORE POUND before i could re-bid before the end!

That's the most money i've had for a while because of having not much work and I haven't seen an A Custom in that sort of condition for that sort of price very much since then.

I SEVERELY regret not getting it D:
xoxo

The problem is in your bidding strategy. Here's what to do. First, most importantly, you have to be there at the end for things you REALLY want. Now come up with a number that is the MAXIMUM price you're willing to pay (if it goes one pence over this price it's a deal breaker). Remember, this is the price you will walk away from the auction, knowing that if anyone bids higher than that, it's too much for you. Get into a rhythm where you're counting down to the end of the auction precisely by the second. Wait until exactly 20 seconds before the auction ends. Submit your bid. Keep counting down and exactly 7 seconds before the end, confirm your bid. This does a couple things. You get in your highest bid in time with 3 seconds to spare. If your bid is going to be a winner, it leaves no time for any competing bid that wasn't already in progress to top you. It eliminates the feeling of "man, i should have bid one more dollar/ pound/ euro, whatever". Here's why: If your absolute highest bid gets beaten, you walk away knowing that the item went for more than you're willing to pay and also you really have NO CLUE what maximum price the winner would have paid, since only automatic bids are displayed. S/he may have beaten your bid by a dollar, but who's to say s/he didn't actually outbid you by 100 dollars? Does this work? Yes. Do you win all the time?? Of course not, ebay experts use this strategy and come in with higher bids all the time, but the beauty is, if you're patient, you score what you're looking for almost all of the time, it may take a day, a week, a month or longer but it PAYS.

Here's my last auction that i won:
330416291927 <---type this in the search @ ebay, click on bid history

Notice how close i confirmed my bid to the end of the auction. That amp sells for $1800 new and about $1200 used on craigslist. I got it for $730

Last edited:
Back