Bermuda and Weird Al get Tacky!

bECaUse i'M tAckY…

Great video! Too bad Bermuda had to play such a repetitive pop beat.

I wonder if that gets frustrating not being able to show your chops?

Weird Al should put out a concept album with wacky / tacky original stuff.

But then again not. Bermuda would be out of a job and then he'd get really mean. ;-)

bECaUse i'M tAckY…

Great video! Too bad Bermuda had to play such a repetitive pop beat.

I wonder if that gets frustrating not being able to show your chops?

Weird Al should put out a concept album with wacky / tacky original stuff.

But then again not. Bermuda would be out of a job and then he'd get really mean. ;-)

Knowing Mr Bermuda a bit, I can relatively confidently tell you he has no problem playing a pop beat and having a good time of it. It's all about attitude, and his is good.

Just saw this video on the Rolling Stone website, and knew if I headed over the DW there would be a thread!

Another brilliant video, and song by Al, I really don't know he always manages to get really funny lyrics (replacement lyrics) that fit and scan so well.

If you have not yet seen it, go!

Of course that's a loop in the recording, but we are playing it live on Conan this Thursday. FWIW, it will sound just like the recording.

I don't stray much to begin with, but it really takes discipline to repeat 1 bar over & over without any variation! We'll see how I do in a few days!

Wait'll ya see and hear tomorrow's video (my personal fave!) Either catch Al on The View, or check out www.weirdal.com after 11am ET. :)

Of course that's a loop in the recording, but we are playing it live on Conan this Thursday. FWIW, it will sound just like the recording.

I don't stray much to begin with, but it really takes discipline to repeat 1 bar over & over without any variation! We'll see how I do in a few days!

Wait'll ya see and hear tomorrow's video (my personal fave!) Either catch Al on The View, or check out www.weirdal.com after 11am ET. :)

Looking forward to this Jon!

I don't stray much to begin with, but it really takes discipline to repeat 1 bar over & over without any variation!
This is indeed the hardest thing for me to do. Maybe it depends on your musical background, but I spent so much of my formative years trying NOT to repeat myself that doing something extremely repetitive is almost physically uncomfortable for me. But I've made it a priority to get better at it over the past few years with good results.

Looking forward to seeing the show, Jon!

I don't stray much to begin with, but it really takes discipline to repeat 1 bar over & over without any variation!

This is indeed the hardest thing for me to do. ….But I've made it a priority to get better at it over the past few years with good results.

This is actually one of the things that I'm really good at. When I get into an money beat groove, I can stay there for quite a while.

What would have Bermuda worn if he was in the Music Video?

Not a lot of music out there that elicits an honest smile...great contribution to the betterment of mankind Bermuda!

Cool !!

I never realized it until now. Bermuda plays in a cover band, sorta, kinda.......

That is so not true.

Really, it's more of a tribute band. :)

I guess I simply meant he has to learn how the standard song was originally done.
While Al twists them into his own form of humor.

At least one Sydney radio station has been promoting the "Tacky" video.

Just watched "Word Crimes". Both WC and Tacky are so well done. Great attention to detail lyrically and musically.

Well done to all involved.

@bermuda - any danger of a tour down under in the future?

Back