NFL '09-'10 Come Get Some

Looks like the Pats are just another team.

It may be a little too early say this yet. I would give then till about week 5 tops and see how things are going then. I was hoping Brady would step right back where he was but I guess he is human after all. Will take a few games for all the new guys to gel.

DaBears! Pulled through at the end of the game on Sunday! Great game, considering the bears and the stealers were both missing their deffensive strong holds.

The Patriots will be there in the end. As Brady gets his rhythm back and the offense starts to gel they are going to score points. The defense is a work in progress but should improve over time. AFC East always beats each other up. Last year the Pats went 11 and 5 and did not make the playoffs go figure.

I know you Jet fans are eating this up but don't forget they're still the Jets and they still need to travel to Foxborough.

a wild week 2 for sure...

the Panthers can't seem to do anything well, Delhomme needs to go

and yet, the Rams look worse

Adrian Petterson is just ridiculous, he's like a Formula 1 car out there

the Bengals have brought some big players in on D and Palmer looks great, just how far will they get, eh?

the Patriots lost too much on D and their QB missed a year, give Brady time, a man with that much drive only needs to shake off the rust

the Raiders really could make the play offs, they don't suck any worse than the rest of their division

how do you spell offense? SAINT'S

the 49er's look good, but they need a playmaker at QB

you might actually have to go through the Ravens to win the Superbowl, they look to give the Steelers some real trouble

the Chargers, ugghhh

Eli Manning looked good for 58 minutes, then looked like a field general for the last two, impressive young quarterback, solid D and a promisimg new reciever add up to a great season for the Giants

and Peyton, i love ya man, but go easy on your defense, eh?

Sunday was horrible to watch... If Edelman didn't drop that pass in the red zone (end of 2nd qtr) it's a different story and we wouldn't think the Pats were *so* rusty (just a *little* rusty)

The Jets look really good on D, but a lot of the Pats' offense was a combo of Brady-rust, DROPPED PASSES (looking at you Galloway...Edelman...) and the fact that *Brady's most go-to receiver (WES WELKER) was watching from the sidelines. That dude Revis that covered Moss is really good (although I gotta say Moss looked flat - especially on that INT...) but I don't think the Jets could cover both him *and* Welker... I am 99% confident the outcome would have been different with him in.

I hope the D will figure it out. Once Mayo is back, Brady will be back to form (hope fully he'll be back in form sooner than Mayo's return!) and the Pats will run off the last 7 or 8.

Atlanta will be a good test to see how these Pats bounce back from a loss (Can we get a leaked video of Bill going off on them in the meeting room?)

(Can we get a leaked video of Bill going off on them in the meeting room?)

Funny how some are ofended when a famous drummer dresses down someone on stage but it seems to be OK for Bobby Knight and Bill Parcells to curse out and totally humiliate an athlete in front of millions of viewers on national TV.

Eli Manning looked good for 58 minutes, then looked like a field general for the last two, impressive young quarterback, solid D and a promisimg new reciever add up to a great season for the Giants

We made a bunch of no-name recievers look like All-Pros cause our DBs didn't cover anybody and that solid 'D' was three gifts from Romo.

Now one of the top 3 recievers in the league, the real Steve Smith is commin to town. He must really be lickin his chops....

Funny how some are ofended when a famous drummer dresses down someone on stage but it seems to be OK for Bobby Knight and Bill Parcells to curse out and totally humiliate an athlete in front of millions of viewers on national TV.

I have no problem with coaches screaming at their players. Especially if the players are multi-millionaires. If they're still in school...yeah, still don't care. Grow a pair and buck up, I say.

Now..when *parents* yell at their kids (or other kids) from the sidelines...I find it really sad, and in some cases, really funny.

I have no problem with coaches screaming at their players. Especially if the players are multi-millionaires. If they're still in school...yeah, still don't care. Grow a pair and buck up, I say.

Now..when *parents* yell at their kids (or other kids) from the sidelines...I find it really sad, and in some cases, really funny.

Completely agree...

Imagine an owner during a game laying into a player....that would be a first.
If Romo has another game like last week in front of 100,000 unhappy fans I could see Jerry on the sidelines givin him the bizness.

How crazy would that be...

Sunday was horrible to watch... If Edelman didn't drop that pass in the red zone (end of 2nd qtr) it's a different story and we wouldn't think the Pats were *so* rusty (just a *little* rusty)

The Jets look really good on D, but a lot of the Pats' offense was a combo of Brady-rust, DROPPED PASSES (looking at you Galloway...Edelman...) and the fact that *Brady's most go-to receiver (WES WELKER) was watching from the sidelines. That dude Revis that covered Moss is really good (although I gotta say Moss looked flat - especially on that INT...) but I don't think the Jets could cover both him *and* Welker... I am 99% confident the outcome would have been different with him in.

I hope the D will figure it out. Once Mayo is back, Brady will be back to form (hope fully he'll be back in form sooner than Mayo's return!) and the Pats will run off the last 7 or 8.

Atlanta will be a good test to see how these Pats bounce back from a loss (Can we get a leaked video of Bill going off on them in the meeting room?)

Get over it! They lost to the Jets and should of lost to the Bills. Every year is a new year.....I dont care if everyone on the team is the same. New year......New team!

I can't. believe i'm typing this but the Detroit Lions are winners there even having a parade yes a parade It's almost like they won the Super Bowl..........almost LOL

At least we can say the Lions are winners for 1 week anyway LOL, I'm glad the monkey's off the back finally.

I know there not super bowl bound but it's a start.

Bonzolead

Get over it! They lost to the Jets and should of lost to the Bills. Every year is a new year.....I dont care if everyone on the team is the same. New year......New team!

Get over it? What a douchey post. And if everyone on the team was the same, it wouldn't be "New team!"...

We beat the Falcons pretty handidly, even with Galloway looking like he's never played WR, and Brady still not clicking 100%. Nice test coming into town this weekend. Also excited for Jets/Saints (come on Saints!) and Packers/Vikings (of my two football-viewing close friends, one owns stock in the Packers and the other is from Minnesota and a HUGE fan of all things Minny)

5A-Tampa....New coach, new GM, 30 million under the salary cap, losers from the top down.

Gruden was a good coach...I miss those Chucky faces on the sidelines/press conferences.

Gotta feelin if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs Jerry will have him on speed dial and kick Wade to the curb...

New bottom 5
1. Rams
2. Chiefs
3. Lions
4. Raiders
5. Browns/Bucs

I think the Lions win 6 games. I put the Rams and Dolphins at the bottom of the pack. And I hope Al Davis makes 3 more trades with my Pats this year!

If Jeff Garcia got signed by the Raiders they'd win 4-5 games. Russell is HORRIBLE. I think it's safe to say the experiment is over.

We made a bunch of no-name recievers look like All-Pros cause our DBs didn't cover anybody and that solid 'D' was three gifts from Romo.

Now one of the top 3 recievers in the league, the real Steve Smith is commin to town. He must really be lickin his chops....

New York Giants 4-0 :)

5A-Tampa....New coach, new GM, 30 million under the salary cap, losers from the top down.

good call GD, i think the number 5 spot is Tampa's officially now, the Bengals need to be removed from this dreaded list, their solid playing demands it

I think the Lions win 6 games. I put the Rams and Dolphins at the bottom of the pack. And I hope Al Davis makes 3 more trades with my Pats this year!

If Jeff Garcia got signed by the Raiders they'd win 4-5 games. Russell is HORRIBLE. I think it's safe to say the experiment is over.

I've been saying the Lions will not be the worst team.

Russell is setting new levels of horrid, but Garcia has made it pretty clear HE didn't want to be in Oakland anymore, and I doubt they'll re-sign after the comments he made about the Raiders this week.

While most people love to look at yards, I tend to look at total points scored.

Net points is total points scored - total points given up.

Granted, Net points doesn't mean everything, but it's a good indication of where a team is at. Right now The 49ers!!! are 3rd, with (a fitting) 49 more points scored than given up.
http://www.nfl.com/standings?catego...rall&sort=OVERALL_NET_PTS&order=desc&colSel=8

They are also 6th in total points scored, although the Viking and/or Packers could knock them down to 7th or 8th tomorrow night:

http://www.nfl.com/standings?catego...rall&sort=OVERALL_PTS_FOR&order=desc&colSel=6

Who would have thunk that???

I still think the AFC goes through Baltimore; they could have easily won that game today.

The Cowboys are looking very mediocre, while the New York Giants and New Orleans Saints continue to roll.

It's getting interesting!

Back