Yamaha CS865 stands

marc1977

In particular, the cymbal mounting sleeves. Haven't seen one yet but considered buying a couple stands. I heard that the sleeve"/"washer screws onto the post. All one piece? I can't just use regular plastic mushroom sleeves? Thanks in advance for your help. Marc

In particular, the cymbal mounting sleeves. Haven't seen one yet but considered buying a couple stands. I heard that the sleeve"/"washer screws onto the post. All one piece? I can't just use regular plastic mushroom sleeves? Thanks in advance for your help. Marc

The stands come standard with a fitted, threaded sleeve/washer combo, but any washer and/or sleeve that is made to fit 8mm threaded posts will do just fine. I wore out a couple of my OEM sleeve/washer thingies, and replaced them with Gibraltar's version without any issue.

Yes I have some Yamaha stands and have bought Gibraltar sleeves that fit those tilters perfectly. It's the longer version and it's threaded but you can use the non-threaded shorter version. You may just have to use smaller felts or cut the Yammy felts. Yamaha's felt washers are huge!

Or you can just use a fender washer with some gas line tubing.

Back