kick pedal shifting

els3271

hello all,

I have been using a Sonor kick pedal for a while with no complaints. In last six months, we changed practice studios. I placed the kit on carpet, as it was before. suddenly, i noticed my kick pedal constantly "kicking out" to the right badly....are there any theories why this is happening. i haven't done a close look at drum rim or the pedal yet. nothing looks out of place. i have tightened, then loosened the clamp on the pedal that attaches it to the kick drum rim. no luck...perhaps my technique is causing this problem?

thank you

Only time I have ever had this happen was when I didn't have my pedal clamped tight enough.

I'm sure you have it pushed all the way forward...etc....So I guess I can offer no help other than to bump this thread up for you.

No theories as to why it's happening, I'm afraid (providing the hoop clamp is still in good order, of course).......

But can offer you a solution. Put some velcro on the bottom of the pedal base plate. Should keep that sucker well in place for you.

That's pretty strange if if the clamp is tight, especially on carpet.

What's on the bottom of the pedal? Most decent pedals have rubber on the bottom which stops it slipping.

What series of Sonor pedal is it?

I ask because some (if not all) have spikes that protrude from the bottom. If your pedal has them, you can probably remedy this problem by making sure they're even lengths.

-Jonathan

Back