ZZ Top Dilemma

Kajus_the_Cat

Hi guys!

I'm trying to work out the drum pattern for one of the songs by ZZ Top - My Head's In Mississippi. I can't seem to find any sheet music or tabs anywhere on the internet. Anyone know where I could find some or would anyone be able to give me a hint to the intro of the song?

You'll probably have to do it the old fashioned way. Listen to it a million times....

Listen, then air drum it, and it will come. Check out some live stuff if you can, they probably do it differently every time.
If you want to nail the record, you'll have to listen over and over, but if you just want to get the vibe down, and the main timing, I don't think anyone will scream "heresy" at you :)

Good luck, ZZ Top has some weird stuff going on sometimes!

I love this song as it it is so well recorded.

I can't help you but the intro is tricky! All you can do is break it down into small parts and work on them. Sounds like a texas shuffle but I could be taking nonsense.

Billy Gibbons guitar is simply divine!

Davo

I just listened to the tune on You Tube. I think I see the problem, if the recording on the CD has a drum track as bad as that, it will be frustrating, it is no wonder you asking for charts and help.

Take the advise of the others on the thread, write down what you can and listen carefully to the tune. You should be able to figure it out. Overall the tune is not that hard, just hard to hear what is going on.

Back