Check out my friend's entry in the "Hit Like a Girl" contest!

Numberless

Platinum Member
Hey guys, my friend and classmate Marlene has some serious talent, she's competing in the "Hit Like a Girl" contest and honestly it's one of the best I've seen as of yet. No amateur or joke entry here, this is serious pro level drumming! Check it out and if you dig it, give her a few votes!

http://www.hitlikeagirlcontest.com/videos/entry/marlenedrums

Ps- just in case, this thread is mod aproved

He speaketh the truth ;-)
I also encouraged Numberless to invite Marlene to the forum - let's see.

my goodness....its the female Tony Williams !!

she has my vote

get her onto the forum

Quite simply ........ wow.​

That's hitting like a girl these days? Scary. She can really play.

Shame about these competitions is they only seem to encourage playing that pleases the intellect and adrenal glands, but not the ears. Be good to hear her being able to just relax and make music.

I like her playing, and I like the tune. I voted. Peace and goodwill.

Yeah, I'll try to get her on board!

Shame about these competitions is they only seem to encourage playing that pleases the intellect and adrenal glands, but not the ears. Be good to hear her being able to just relax and make music.

I totally agree, sadly all competitions seem to be more like this. Regardless, I can assure you she's an excellent musical player. Also don't quote me on this but I think she wrote the music as well.

She's got my vote, WOW!

I need to practice more, because apparently I hit like an insect, or an infant. Yeah, an infant, I'll give myself that much :)

Back