Drum Fantasy Camp

richkenyon

Silver Member
http://www.drumfantasycamp.com

Drum Fantasy Camp

Tried to find something on this on the forum, but couldn't - maybe I missed it? Anyway, there's an amazing lineup again this year for this "educational" event & I have thought about going before, but always come up with the same reservations. Namely, it's expensive & is it really that educational?

Has anyone been before? Anyone thinking of going?

My position is that I'm a pro player & not so young these days - & that makes me think I wouldn't learn that much. Not that the likes of Steve Smith or Weckl don't inspire me: they absolutely do & that's the main motivation for considering this, but in a room full of vastly differing abilities what kind of material can they cover? The whole drumming olympics thing does not interest me either.... I hope this makes sense!

One of my best friends has gone for the past 2 years and he said it has literally been some of the most fun he's ever had in his life (granted, we're only 2nd year college students, but still!). Educationally, socially, the whole deal he said. He's constantly hounded me on how awesome it was and how it was totally worth the money.

So if you got the funds, it's certainly a know-brainer. It's not in my budget so i can't really go :(

One of my best friends has gone for the past 2 years and he said it has literally been some of the most fun he's ever had in his life (granted, we're only 2nd year college students, but still!). Educationally, socially, the whole deal he said. He's constantly hounded me on how awesome it was and how it was totally worth the money.

So if you got the funds, it's certainly a know-brainer. It's not in my budget so i can't really go :(

That's interesting - thanks. Do you know any "advanced" players that have been?

Back