A Question about Pedals and Stands.

HBCast

so you might know me from one of my 5000 of the new kti and equipment i'm buying.
i live in israel and i just bought a Tama Starclassic Birch bubinga.
the kit didn't come with any pedals or anything except for floor tom+bass legs and a tom holder.
so i want to buy a set of a few cymbal stands and 2 pedals.
i've heard good stuff about the Tama Iron cobra , and the DW 9000 pedals.
i wanted to hear what are the differences, is the difference between these brands and simple brands worth the extra price , which of the two is better or maybe anything else beats them both? does it only come to comfort , or does it affect sound too?
What's the difference between simple brands cymbal stands and big brand's? is the price difference worth it?

pedals come in an incredibly diverse price range. I still don't know who is buying the 600 to 700 trick pedals and why. I never tried them, so maybe I'm ignorant of the reasons. Tama Iron Cobra is what I use and have used for about 8 years. Same pedal. I gig about 15 times a year and practice once a week. I can't imagine this wouldn't please you. DW 9000 I have used, and , ya, those are great as well, but pricey. DWs feel a little more solid, though. I bet they can take a better beating on the road. But if you're playing at home, ICs will be sufficient.

Cymbal stands are the same. You get what you pay for. if your gigging, the extra bucks are worth it. if at home, a cheaper one is fine. All they do is hold cymbals after all....I recommend a name brand for everything though. Gibraltar stuff is a tank. Not too expensive, but not cheap, either. Are you planning on touring with these? I guess i should've asked that first....

pedals come in an incredibly diverse price range. I still don't know who is buying the 600 to 700 trick pedals and why. I never tried them, so maybe I'm ignorant of the reasons. Tama Iron Cobra is what I use and have used for about 8 years. Same pedal. I gig about 15 times a year and practice once a week. I can't imagine this wouldn't please you. DW 9000 I have used, and , ya, those are great as well, but pricey. DWs feel a little more solid, though. I bet they can take a better beating on the road. But if you're playing at home, ICs will be sufficient.

Cymbal stands are the same. You get what you pay for. if your gigging, the extra bucks are worth it. if at home, a cheaper one is fine. All they do is hold cymbals after all....I recommend a name brand for everything though. Gibraltar stuff is a tank. Not too expensive, but not cheap, either. Are you planning on touring with these? I guess i should've asked that first....

I'm probbably not gonna tour , i'll play it at home. might take parts for recordings in studios aswell.

Back