DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-31-2017, 04:00 AM
DPBell's Avatar
DPBell DPBell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 35
Default A Favourite Drum Recording

The Chain: Fleetwood Mac.
One of my most favourite snare sounds ever.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-31-2017, 05:18 AM
Merlin5's Avatar
Merlin5 Merlin5 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: London UK
Posts: 983
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

I listened to the Chain, it's the first time I've heard it all. I only knew the F1 bit. Great song. Dreams is really good too.

Love these by Toto. Great drum sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1c4_4tbxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CQpvc8quQ8
__________________
No drums no life, know drums know life...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-31-2017, 05:34 AM
DPBell's Avatar
DPBell DPBell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 35
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin5 View Post
I listened to the Chain, it's the first time I've heard it all. I only knew the F1 bit. Great song. Dreams is really good too.

Love these by Toto. Great drum sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1c4_4tbxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CQpvc8quQ8
Any Fleetwood Mac is great.
Pamela a favourite song period
Georgy Porgy great too.

Did you know Hold The Line was one take start to finish?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-31-2017, 05:54 AM
Super Phil's Avatar
Super Phil Super Phil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 452
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

Moving Pictures.... the whole thing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-31-2017, 05:58 AM
DPBell's Avatar
DPBell DPBell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 35
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Phil View Post
Moving Pictures.... the whole thing.
Now I'm hearing Camera Eye. I sure spent a lot of time learning the bass part on it when I was a teen.
You have Taye drums? I have their 6.5 x 14 brass snare.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-31-2017, 05:59 AM
BenjaminCamelot's Avatar
BenjaminCamelot BenjaminCamelot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 494
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Phil View Post
Moving Pictures.... the whole thing.
Same here. And anything with Neil Peart on it as well.
__________________
Pearl | Zildjian | Remo | Pro-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-31-2017, 06:15 AM
Merlin5's Avatar
Merlin5 Merlin5 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: London UK
Posts: 983
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPBell View Post

Did you know Hold The Line was one take start to finish?
Doesn't surprise me. Those guys are, and were (Jeff) top session cats. Jeff in a drum clinic talks about being on a session for some artist where they recorded a whole album direct to disc. If anyone made a mistake they'd have to re-record the whole lot again, so no room for error.
__________________
No drums no life, know drums know life...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-31-2017, 06:18 AM
DPBell's Avatar
DPBell DPBell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 35
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin5 View Post
Doesn't surprise me. Those guys are, and were (Jeff) top session cats. Jeff in a drum clinic talks about being on a session for some artist where they recorded a whole album direct to disc. If anyone made a mistake they'd have to re-record the whole lot again, so no room for error.
I'm sure he made no mistakes.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:32 AM
Super Phil's Avatar
Super Phil Super Phil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 452
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPBell View Post
Now I'm hearing Camera Eye. I sure spent a lot of time learning the bass part on it when I was a teen.
You have Taye drums? I have their 6.5 x 14 brass snare.
Yes, i play Taye drums. You have the nickel over brass snare? I have that one too... great drum!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-31-2017, 09:43 AM
DPBell's Avatar
DPBell DPBell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 35
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Phil View Post
Yes, i play Taye drums. You have the nickel over brass snare? I have that one too... great drum!
No this one http://www.tayedrums.com/snares/bras...ion/bs1465.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-31-2017, 05:03 PM
Alex Sanguinetti's Avatar
Alex Sanguinetti Alex Sanguinetti is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain (Espaņa)
Posts: 463
Default Re: A Favourite Drum Recording

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAJB925yR8o



and 1000īs more...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com