What head combo for restored Vistalites

The Fossil

Getting close to the completion of my vintage Vistalite restoration. I'm open to suggestions for batter / reso choices for the toms and kick. I do have the "correct" 70's era Ludwig logo front bass head coming from Ludwig. I will be using a new LM-402 6 1/2 x 14 Supra with this kit in place of the matching 5 x 14 tri color acrylic snare.
I'm going to set it up as a 1 up, 2 down configuration in the following sizes:14x10 rack tom, 16x16 floor tom, 18x16 floor tom, and 14x24 kick. (I won't utilize the 13x9 rack tom at this time).
Thanks for any help in this decision and I'll post pictures when the restoration is finished.

Vistalite drums are very live sounding. One of the few pro-level kits (because they're acrylic, not wood), that I'd run clear Pinstripes batter on. Clear Ambassadors reso. I had the 14, 16, 18 tom combo also (one of my all time favorites) and 22x14 or 22x16 kicks. Controlled Sound, Powerstroke 3 and Emperor heads also make good batter choices. Just depends on how much overtone you want.

Harry's right, they are very live sounding kits. That's why on toms I like a two-ply batter head. It cuts the overtones just slightly and gives the best overall sound, IMO. Single-ply are a little too live for my taste.

I've got a 3 pc. Vistalite kit: 9x13, 16x16 and 14x24. I like a clear G2/G1 combination for the toms, SuperKick 1 for the bass batter, and clear Ambassador for the kick reso. If you like Remo, an Emperor/Ambassador combo on the toms would be the same thing.

That 6.5" Supra will sound great among all the plastic! That's what I use with my kit, too. I am hooked on Aquarian Texture Coated single ply for the snare batter. If you haven't yet tried Aquarian, I really recommend them.

Btw, Fossil... what color are they? Looking forward to the pics.

I too did a complete restoration on my kit. Haven't ever gotten around to posting pics, though! I hope to do a nice shoot some day soon.

Here's what they looked like before I started the restoration. I now have all the missing parts and new heads on the way. Decided on Evans clear EC-2's over Genera Glass Reso's for the toms, Remo Emporer X over Ambassador for the snare and an Evans EQ-3 batter with an original 70's Remo clear "LUDWIG" logo reso for the kick.
Here's the "before pics":

Attachments

• As I first saw them 1 (Small).JPG
    As I first saw them 1 (Small).JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 172
  • At their new home (Small).JPG
    At their new home (Small).JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Center Front 14x24 Bass (Small).JPG
    Center Front 14x24 Bass (Small).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Floor Toms (Small).JPG