Cymbal Protection

buzzbuzz

I have a Zildjian cymbal bag. I leave my hihats on the stand. Here's what I carry in it:

20" ride
16" China
18" China
16" crash
16" crash
18" crash
18" crash

It gets pretty heavy. It came with removable felt dividers. However, I don't quite have enough to protect all of the cymbals I carry. Should I just get an extra bag? Or, do you know where I could even order an extra divider or two? I don't even know what they are called? I could use a towel but it gets kinda thick and doesn't have a sleeve like the dividers do.

If i run out of slots i just put the cymbals that are thee same size on top of each other with a towel in between.

Towel will work or go to a fabric store and get 'em to cut you a couple of felt discs. Will only cost you a couple of bucks and it'll match what you already have.

Don't drop or knock over that hat stand either.....I'd never transport them that way personally.

I use my hi-hat clutch to hold as many cymbals as i can starting with the largest, my ride to my smallest, 10 "splash. Chinas dont fit togeather however. I then put them in my Zildjian cymbal bag. When i tighten the clutch down, they dont spin or wobble.

Back