Marillion: Incubus - anyone know the sticking for this?

Dazzathedrummer

Hi,

I’ve been wondering how Ian Moseley plays the chorus part to Incubus since I first heard it in the early 90’s (the ‘oooo-wah’ bit).

I can play the basic pattern including the double Tom/double kick at the end of the phrase but I can’t figure out the cymbal pattern.

There’s some kind of rudimentary sticking pattern goin on between the ride and hi hat that I can’t figure out - anybody know what it is??

It is hard to hear what's going on on the recording, with Ian having a ride cymbal on both sides of the kit.

Here's a version I came up with:

Incubus.jpg

I'm sure you can add or remove notes and change the sticking to your liking.

Yeah - the cymbals are so quick and quite it’s difficult to get a grasp on what’s going on. This looks good though - I’ll give it a go!

...I might even pump this into MuseScore so I can slow it down - I’ll share a link to the score when I’ve done it.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve been wondering how Ian Moseley plays the chorus part to Incubus since I first heard it in the early 90’s (the ‘oooo-wah’ bit).

I can play the basic pattern including the double Tom/double kick at the end of the phrase but I can’t figure out the cymbal pattern.

There’s some kind of rudimentary sticking pattern goin on between the ride and hi hat that I can’t figure out - anybody know what it is??

That's a blast from the past....brilliant stuff. Just prompted me to crack open my Fugazi CD !

Back