My New Masters!

bamdrummer

Hey everyone! I figured its about time i gave you all a look at my holiday present to myself. I had to do a lot of gigs for this, but its soooo worth it. Any way, enough chit chat: My new Pearl Masters Custom MCX. Maple 6 ply. 10x8 (Not Pictured), 12x9, 16x16, 22x18, 14x5 Supraphonic. Mocha Tamo finish, Absolutely Gorgeous!

Attachments

• My drums.jpg
    My drums.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 665
Another side, shows the finish better:

Attachments

• wide shot.jpg
    wide shot.jpg
    856.6 KB · Views: 754
Toms: Coated G2 over Coated G1
Snare: Genera HD Dry over Hazy 300
Kick: Emad 2 over Stock Reso (soon to be changed out for my band's logo)

Very nice set-up. Looks like you treated yourself pretty good. I like the look of that white logo head too.

Pearl has some of the nicest wood/faux wood finishes I've seen. They look great.

Yes unfortunately it's not real wood, which bugs me as an amateur drum builder, but I got over it pretty fast, it's one of my favorite finishes I've ever seen

That is one absolutely gorgeous kit, man.

A lot of MCX talk on here lately! Pearl must be doing something right.

Have you seen this vid? Does it sound any similar to yours? I love that bass drum!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5WjntuRYDI

Congrats!!

Believe me I watched that video in anticipation for weeks haha! and they do have a fairly similar sound, though coated heads and a lower tuning obviously change things, but I will say the quality they share with the video is an excellent pronounced fundamental tone.

She's a beauty ain't she Tom? I saw on you're thread you had a starclassic b/b, which was my other choice for a new kit, great minds think alike I suppose!

Not a big fan of the Masters 6 ply.. still looks lovely! Congrats !

Back