Taye Drum Pedal

ddrummerz

Well, I bought a Taye Single Drum Pedal the other day and just got it all set up, and literally on the first stroke it breaks on me. I have been trying to repair it for hours but to no avail...

Never buy Taye Drum Pedals...I'm sticking with Tama.

I had an inexpensive Taye pedal for over a year with no problems. Sold it when I sold the drums. I now have a Taye XP-1 Pedal, NAMM 2007 Best of Show, for over 2 years now and no problem. If you bought it the other day, take it back. All things break, and that doesn't make the brand bad. You didn't say what broke and what attempts you have made to repair it. Maybe some photos would help??

I had an inexpensive Taye pedal for over a year with no problems. Sold it when I sold the drums. I now have a Taye XP-1 Pedal, NAMM 2007 Best of Show, for over 2 years now and no problem. If you bought it the other day, take it back. All things break, and that doesn't make the brand bad. You didn't say what broke and what attempts you have made to repair it. Maybe some photos would help??

My thoughts exactly. NO man made object is perfect, if it's man made there is always a good chance something can break!

Never buy Taye Drum Pedals...I'm sticking with Tama.

Hmmmmm. Cats got 4 posts....he's stickin' with Tama......but his name is ddrummerz. And he's bashing Taye. Hmmmmmmm.

I just can't be bothered being nice any more.

You've got 5K+ anti-newb thread post burnout.

Until the OP returns, I shall hi-jack with my own "not worthy of its own thread" post on last nights jam.

I sat in on another drummers kit. He wasn't there. It was a late 70's Ludwig with all concert toms and the metal bands on the bottom of the reso-less shells. They unfortunately had seen much better days and the heads were pinstripes circa 1980's. The bass drum had the obligatory 12" ported reso with somebody's laundry thrown in there for the super over muffled effect. There was also a beer can and a fork?!? in there too.

I wish I had a picture of it because it was worthy of the Tom Angles thread. It was set up so non-ergo that I felt like I was playing that arcade game where the little gophers pop up and you have to hit them with a mallet.

The ride cymbal was down where a second floor tom would be and the high hats were jacked up around my shoulders. I'm 6'4" for crying out loud. The oh so promising Roc n Soc throne had a slow gas leak so I would start every song sitting as high as it would go and end up at the bottom at the end. There was also a second Rock ride in the right side crash position so every once in a while I'd coming bumbling around on a long fill and then accidently crash this manhole cover.

Good points were that the cymbals were decent. All old Zildjian As. I played a set of 14" Rock hats for the first time in a long time and I forgot how easy it is to make those hats cut. The A ride was a mid 70s A and although it was a heavy beast it had great tone and a killer bell.

I played with some really good guitar players last night, but they were not used to having a drummer show up on the abandoned kit so they wouldn't call out songs. They'd just start playing.

The best part was the audience was loaded and danced their asses off. I love just laying it down and watching people dance. It's a good feeling to know you're grooving right when everybody just gets up and moves.

For the sake of staying Thread Topic related. I wish I had had a Taye Pedal because the dinosaur pedal I was playing would barely stay on the hoop.

I think you're right on the burnout.

I have a horrible habit of playing much better on kits that I'm not used to. As long as I can hear the toms (i.e. they're not ridiculously muffled) it can feel very good. I haven't played on my own kit for over two months and now I'm just used to other peoples' setups.

I do tend to find that the more experienced - or at least confident - drummers tend to be much more particular about equipment. For me, as long as the hi-hat works and the bass pedal is OK, then I really don't mind - so long as I have a comfortable seating position and some reasonable cymbals to work with. The drums themselves are less important to me. I do particularly hate dodgy bass drum pedals though.

It was set up so non-ergo that I felt like I was playing that arcade game where the little gophers pop up and you have to hit them with a mallet.

Funny

had a slow gas leak

Not so funny, I've had this problem myself at times. Diet I think.

Back