DW BLACK NICKEL HARDWARE

dw collectors

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had pics of dw's new black nickel hardware available in 2009. I have seen one kit with the hardware finish but would like to see more.

I found these one's to show what i mean.

Post away.

Attachments

• DW_whitetwistedsatinKit_03.jpg
    DW_whitetwistedsatinKit_03.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 6,017
  • DW_whitetwistedsatinKit_02.jpg
    DW_whitetwistedsatinKit_02.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 6,118
Last edited:
i found a few more, what do you guys think??

i was thinking that black ice finishply with black nickel hardware would look hot!

share your thoughts

Attachments

• img8.jpg
    img8.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 4,640
  • IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 6,149
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4,964
Personally I hate black on black finishes, they just don't "pop" at all. If you're looking at buying a DW with a custom finish then you're looking for something visually stunning as well as sonically superior. I really like that white twisted finishply with black hardware you found, and that crystal-crusted set (though I'm fairly sure that finish is worth a few 100K). If you're gigging with this kit then it'll be under lights. The Black Ice finishply looks great under lights because of its reflective surface. If you're leaning in that direction consider changing out the black nickel for chrome or 24k gold.

I have a DW in Ebony Satin Oil with gold hardware and it looks awesome:
DSC00836.jpg

I think the Black Ice with Black Nickel would be sweet as hell.

It would probably be best to check out the Kit Builder section of DW's site or maybe contact them and see if you can get a pic from them of that combo (if you are really serious about getting a kit)--just to make sure you like it.

That'd be a lot of cheese to say "eh" or "uck" when you get it!

Black Ice with Satin Chrome would be sweet looking too.

I get what Solaris is saying, but the Black CHROME (NICKEL) plating looks way better than the usual Black Powder coated hardware. Powder coated hardware always looked cheap to me.

thanks for the thought's guys,

the more i think about black ice with black nickel, the more i like it. i'm not a big fan of gold hardware but thanks for the sweet pic solaris. Kick A** drums man.

here's a pic of my drums ill be retiring. i've had these babies for about 3yrs.

anyone else got black nickel HW pic?

Attachments

• n790927088_1315923_7620.jpg
    n790927088_1315923_7620.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 3,914
I just ordered a black satin kit with the black nickel hardware, I'll be posting pics as soon as they arrive.

Victor

So I was told that the drums would take 6 weeks to 6 months to arrive (crazy I know) and I just got the call on Thursday that they are here! 3 weeks after the order date, needless to say but I'm stoked! Picking them up next wednesday and I will post pics for you to see.

I own a kit with black nickel hardware. Here are some pictures. If you have any questions regarding sizes or whatever, feel free to ask.

Flammen3er_2.jpg

Flammen3er.jpg

Floortom_2.jpg

Unfortunately, I have no decent picture of the kit set up completely. I will definitely have to take one.

The finish is painted. It is a custom airbrush finish created by DW's Louie Garcia. A true genius with the paintgun!

The specs are:

18x23" BD, 7"x8" TT, 8"x10" TT, 9"x12" TT, 13"x15" FT, 14"x18" FT, 6 1/2x14" SD

The kick drum, 8", 15" and 18" toms are X-Shells, the 10" and 12" toms are VLT shells. The snare is a 10ply VLT shell without reinforcement rings.

So I was told that the drums would take 6 weeks to 6 months to arrive (crazy I know) and I just got the call on Thursday that they are here! 3 weeks after the order date, needless to say but I'm stoked! Picking them up next wednesday and I will post pics for you to see.

please post some pics, the combination sounds awesome !

Personal opinion ....

CONTRAST ALWAYS is classier, and at the same time, FLASHIER ...

GO CHROME, or GO HOME ;)

This is an old thread ... dw collectors, did you end up ordering anything? If you're still looking for pictures, DW has a whole bunch right on their website, including a few with black hardware. There's even an all-black kit that sounds similar to what you were thinking about (in terms of appearance, not necessarily drum selection).

I have a DW in Ebony Satin Oil with gold hardware and it looks awesome:
DSC00836.jpg

Solaris, those are some of the classiest-looking instruments I've seen in awhile.

As promised a LONG time ago, here are a couple pics of my DW collectors series kit.

Black Ebony w/Black Nickel hardware.

i love this kit.

dw1.jpg

dw2.jpg

I also use a 14x6.5 Black Magic snare that is also Black nickel...goes VERY well with the kit.

LudwigBlackMagicSnareDrum14x55.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Victa

THAT is a gorgeous combination. NO joke, but if I ever get a DW kit one day that will be my HW/color combo. It's Candy Black Fade or something over Ash Exotic, yea?

That sir would be be candy black burst over heartwood curly maple. It was the first kit featured in the John Good gallery on the DW site. I was like..."Thats it!!!!"

Back