Have you ever ripped your pants when sitting on the throne?

MrPockets

Gold Member
What did you do?

Do you sit on the throne the entire time until everyone left?

Yes, I went on eBay on my mobile and found a pair of trousers that were the same size. They were delivered in twenty minutes by a girl who called herself Ruby. We shared a drink, had a chat, danced in the snow-filtered moonlight - it was a beautiful night.

No I cant say I have, however I own many ripped clothing that I sow up, I don't see the point in throwing away perfectly good clothes cause of a tiny rip.

Anyway on to my story, I had a pair combat trousers that was ripped on the underside of the crotch so I sowed it up....or I thought I did. It turns out that I hadn't sown it up at all, it just so happened that we was having a friend come to band practice to take photos for our Facebook page.

Anyway long story short is that most of my pics where I was on the throne you could easily see into my trousers and the underwear that I was wearing, they didn't go on facebook.

Yes, I went on eBay on my mobile and found a pair of trousers that were the same size. They were delivered in twenty minutes by a girl who called herself Ruby. We shared a drink, had a chat, danced in the snow-filtered moonlight - it was a beautiful night.

Glad I'm not the only one who goes through them like that. Right next to the backup guitars on our gigs, is a rack of replacement drummer pants. Sometimes the sheer magnitude of my playing rips random fan's pants in the audience and then we get a pants bill at the end of the night.

I just can't tell you how many times I've ruined my pants while drumming. It's such a common thing that although you would think a thread like this is borderline retarded or perhaps a terrible attempt at humor, I can assure you, this is a real problem for real drummers all over the world.

Glad I'm not the only one who goes through them like that. Right next to the backup guitars on our gigs, is a rack of replacement drummer pants. Sometimes the sheer magnitude of my playing rips random fan's pants in the audience and then we get a pants bill at the end of the night.

I just can't tell you how many times I've ruined my pants while drumming. It's such a common thing that although you would think a thread like this is borderline retarded or perhaps a terrible attempt at humor, I can assure you, this is a real problem for real drummers all over the world.

Give £2, or whatever you can, to support drummers that can't have pants of their own.

Yep. I was one of the lucky ones though. The cape I was wearing covered my arse, thus saving from further embarrassment. I did get my mum to go and collect the kit after the gig though.

You need bigger pants my friend......or lay off the cake. One of the two. :)

Well, being from Nova Scotia ("New Scotland" for those who don't know)....
Real men wear kilts when playing drums and therefore, no ripped pants.
;)

Now now lads, you are being rather cheeky in response to what is clearly a serious question.

It is not out of the realms of possibility to tear your pants when playing - and not only because you forgot to close the switchblade in your back pocket or due to caustic emissions triggered by exertion following a chilli meal.

For instance, your pants might be a bit worn and thin and you've recently gained weight ... I can imagine that happening. But no, it's not happened to me.

True story.

When I was at Uni, I was the technician for the Music Society. I also played in the swing band and in the choir. At one of the concerts, I was wearing a rather nice suit whilst sorting out the PA system.

I went to pick up the amp and RRIIIPPPP! The main seam had gone in the crotch of the trousers. Fifteen minutes before I was due to play.

What did I do? Laughed hysterically (as was everybody else), went and got some jeans from my room on campus and played the gig with jeans. The conductor was not happy and wondered why I had singled myself out. I pointed to the trousers (that I had left in the dressing room after changing there) and could put my face through them. That got a laugh.

After that, I rarely stuck to the dress code for the informal concerts. Hawaiian shirts, silly ties, jeans, the wrong jacket, trainers. It wound the conductors up no end and that's why I did it.

I tore my jeans down the front leg from the crotch while loading stuff into my car, running late (as usual) to a gig. I was able to change fast enough and thankfully I was still at home, but it was not fun. Ripped right in front of a bunch of neighbors..

ripped-pants-music-video.jpg

Couple of gigs back tore all the knee off of my combats.

Tried to cooly jump up on the stage. Clipped corner of stage with front toe and landed heavily on knees.

Hurt like an absolute bastard but I hopped up like a spring lamb, a 6'3'' 23 stone spring lamb...

:)

Yep. I was one of the lucky ones though. The cape I was wearing covered my arse, thus saving from further embarrassment. I did get my mum to go and collect the kit after the gig though.

Dammit! I was gonna go this route with the cape thing but you beat me to it. Well played, PFOG... well played.

Well, I've never ripped my pants at a gig, but I find that letting one rip while setting up my kit ensures that the other musicians give me adequate stage space.

Back