"Well, that's a Funny Place to Leave Your Stick!"

helmetface

So..my girlfriend is always finding my various drumsticks around the house, in her car, in the yard..pretty much anywhere I go. They'll fall out of my back pocket..or I'll drop it while leaving to take care of something.

But yesterday she calls me up at work and says, "Well, that's a funny place to Leave Your Stick!"

Being the person I am, I'm thinking I left it in her underwear drawer or something, but apparently I cooked eggs yesterday morning and left my stick in the 'egg compartment' and the eggs on the counter..

Where have you left your sticks?

The place where I live has drumsticks all over it. When we move people will be discovering them all over the property for years to come.

Years ago when my son was a toddler, an occasional drumstick would be found in the toilet. This was not a pleasant thing to learn in the dark during the middle of the night...

I either have them in the stick bag, on a old chair from the 18th century or on lying on the snare or floor tom.

Cameo

That's not playing the game. I leave an emergency stick pair in my car boot and in my bass gig bag. You can never be too ready!

Davo

...an occasional drumstick would be found in the toilet. This was not a pleasant thing to learn in the dark during the middle of the night...

Yeesh! I can just imagine how awkward that would would be if you were sitting down to visit the Guv'nor and you get an unannounced hickory prostate exam.

My sticks are littered about the living room. My girlfriend will periodically bunch them together and put them in my corner.

I also keep at least one pair in my car. Whenever a family member borrows my car they have been trained to never move the car-sticks. My dad put them behind the seat once and I missed out on a whole week of freeway practice!

That's hilarious you stuck your stick in the fridge instead of the eggs :)

When I installed wood floors at my last house, I used drum sticks as spacers between the floor and wall. There are still a couple under the baseboards.

Bahaha, this is funny xD

I end up with sticks behind my desk, under my bed, in my bed, inside my bass drum, inside my friend's bass drum, inside my guitar amp, in my front yard, stuck head first in my front yard, or in my grandparents yard, sometimes one stick in two places, in my guitar case, in one of my other guitar cases, wedged in the legs of my cymbal stands, or hihat stand, or my throne, and even a corner of my room that I only clean once every couple of months.
The worst place I find them though is in the trash :(

Nice, with the eggs. I'm sure they're still good, but those sticks need proper cooling!

I do seem to leave sticks everywhere. They'll usually found in the couch cushions, under furniture, in a dog's mouth, or at friends' houses. I do try to leave at least 3 sticks tucked between the center console and the front passenger seat of the car. This is so that I can forget my sticks when going somewhere, have an extra pair to use, forget them wherever I used them, and still have a dashboard stick in the car for the ride back :)

You guys must keep sticks on you at all times. All my sticks are either in the bag, on the shelf with small percussions or sitting neatly on the "snare" pad of my practice pad kit.

Nice work, Helmet. My Mum once put the kettle in the fridge.

You guys must keep sticks on you at all times. All my sticks are either in the bag, on the shelf with small percussions or sitting neatly on the "snare" pad of my practice pad kit.

Nice work, Helmet. My Mum once put the kettle in the fridge.

I always have a pair on my snare or floor tom, everything i listed is where the others end up xD

and one time i put a box of cereal in the fridge, and the milk on top 0.o

????????????? can you elaborate please? ...I'm curious about this one.

Sometimes a stick breaks, and one part flies somewhere and i can't find it for a while, so i toss the other part some where else. I don't like moving away from my drums to find and throw it away.

I tend to be pretty "neat" with my sticks. However, I was given a couple pencils shaped like little drumsticks. Those suckers end up all over the place. Just now I was loading my drums into my truck for tonight's gig, and found one lying on the back seat of the truck.

I tend to be pretty "neat" with my sticks. However, I was given a couple pencils shaped like little drumsticks. Those suckers end up all over the place. Just now I was loading my drums into my truck for tonight's gig, and found one lying on the back seat of the truck.

I have some of those too :D but i keep losing them :(

I also get broken heads of sticks to attache to my pants or something, and they end up everywhere.

You guys use sticks when you play?

I knew I was missing something....

Actually, I'm pretty good about keeping things where they belong. Thanks to some great surgery I have great vision now, but I spent years on the edge of blindness and couldn't find anything unless I put it back exactly where I knew it came from.

The place I most commonly find drumsticks that aren't where they're supposed to be is in the mouth of our golden lab. She loves snapping off the plastic tips. Which I then find in the backyard, part of a pile of, erm, you-know.

Back