Bummer :(

Andy

Honorary Member
Just as I was bathing in the glow of my daughter's achievements, today, my son slipped on some ice at work, & has made a right mess of his leg. Spiral fractures to both tibia & fibula, in hospital awaiting surgery in the morning, spaced out on morphine. F^&&&^ing great :( :( :(

I'm really sorry to hear this Andy, I hope your Son's operation will put back everything in place, it will be like it never happen before and doesn't not affect his drumming skills.

I broke a leg as a kid in 1969, and we had some complications, I was in hospital for 2 and a half months, as a kid I found that to be an eternity, I was so glad when I finally got out of hospital, but it took a few more months before I re-gain full strength of my leg :(

Which leg did your Son broke when he fell down?

Ouch!

I hope he enjoys the morphine, though. All my best mate.
Ha yes, there are some minor benefits ;)

That sucks, Andy! Wish him well from Idaho.
Thank you :)

Which leg did your Son broke when he fell down?
Thanks Henri for your concern. It's his left leg.

Oh man, that hurts. I sincerely hope his operation is simple and successful, and he makes a full recovery. How old is your son?
Thank you :) He's 21.

OUCH! I hope he recovers quickly! I'm sure that at 21 he will, the young are amazingly resilient!

Never a dull moment, eh, Andy? Here's to a speedy convalescence.

On the plus side (apart from morphine) ... at least it happened to your son rather than your daughter on the eve of her movie with Dame Judi ;-)

Ack! That sucks. No one expects to be sidelined with a leg injury.

Sorry to hear mate.It just tears you up when your kids are hurting,and I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

My middle son fell out of a two story window,and broke his humerus bone in two places.The on staff hospital orthopedic surgeon said he'd be lucky to be able to gain the use of 35-45% of the arms mobility.This happened in 1992,a year after his brother died.

I made up my mind that I had to do the best I could for him,no holds barred.

A nurse friend of mine recommended a different doctor,who didn't take my insurance,but was reguarded as one of the best in the country.

I made arrangements to make a substantial down payment,and take a loan for the rest of his fee.

My son recovered almost completely and has 97-98 % mobility in his arm.

In a case like this,multiple opinions will best serve your son's road to full recovery.I know it sucks,but completely sympathise with your position.

If you feel like talking,PM me and I'll give you my mobile number.Sometimes it helpes to talk to someone who's been through it.And sometimes,just a few lagers and a shot or two of Jamision,can put you straight.

Best of luck,you'll all be in my prayers mate.

Steve B

I'm hoping and praying for the best, Andy. I know that with the right doctors and the will to get well, it is amazing what can happen.

I'm hoping and praying for the best, Andy. I know that with the right doctors and the will to get well, it is amazing what can happen.

likewise - prayers coming your way for quick and total healing for your son

Thank you so much guys. He's back home yesterday, after having the "fun" of manipulation to realign his bones :( I'm still feeling like crap too, so I'm fairly bummed out right now :(

Sorry to hear mate.It just tears you up when your kids are hurting,and I wish him a speedy and complete recovery.

My middle son fell out of a two story window,and broke his humerus bone in two places.The on staff hospital orthopedic surgeon said he'd be lucky to be able to gain the use of 35-45% of the arms mobility.This happened in 1992,a year after his brother died.

I made up my mind that I had to do the best I could for him,no holds barred.

A nurse friend of mine recommended a different doctor,who didn't take my insurance,but was reguarded as one of the best in the country.

I made arrangements to make a substantial down payment,and take a loan for the rest of his fee.

My son recovered almost completely and has 97-98 % mobility in his arm.

In a case like this,multiple opinions will best serve your son's road to full recovery.I know it sucks,but completely sympathise with your position.

If you feel like talking,PM me and I'll give you my mobile number.Sometimes it helpes to talk to someone who's been through it.And sometimes,just a few lagers and a shot or two of Jamision,can put you straight.

Best of luck,you'll all be in my prayers mate.

Steve B
Thank you for your concern & offer of council Steve. I've already pulled in a second opinion on my ticket, & that's a fairly uncommon move in the UK. We're going the non invasive route for the next week or so, in a hope that things will set in a good way. He has age on his side in terms of making that choice. He will be scanned weekly. Any drift & regrettably he'll be on the table for the full reconstruction deal :(

Andy, sorry I missed this thread, I hope he is doing well. He's young so he will heal fast. Hang in there.

Jeez, Andy I'm sorry. He's young and he'll heal in no time. Morphine and hot nurses will make the pain go away soon, Im sure.

Thanks guys. Best scenario = 3 months cast to the hips - followed by 6 weeks half plaster & shock boot.

............. : ) ..............

Download music (legally) from the Internet; fill up your ipod from itunes

Randomly explore the Internet. See what the rest of the world is searching for, using Google Trends

Play games that can be played by individually. There's an amazing variety of games now available – here's a great list. Develops thinking skills, pattern recognition, etc.

Read (or listen to) the classics: To Kill a Mocking Bird, A Catcher in the Rye, The Grapes of Wrath, The Old Man and the Sea, The Great Gatsby, The Call of the Wild, War and Peace... These books are almost always available from your library, and often on sale at the large book stores.

Listen to books on CD. Sometimes it's easier to listen to a book than to read, very relaxing.

Rent a season of a TV series that you had always wanted to see. Entourage is hilarious.

Download books from, e.g. from Google Books

Do crossword puzzles or Sudoku puzzles or print up some kakuro, which are number versions of crossword puzzles.

Play the guitar (or learn to)

Watch old movies. This is great if you are feeling fuzzy from the pain medications – the classic old movies are slow-moving, so it's easy to follow the plot.

On a budget? Rent movies from the library instead of from the video store – it's usually a fraction of the price and you can keep the movie for a week.
Enjoy Xbox or Nintendo, Gameboy, Sony PSP, or any handheld electronic games
Some like the handheld game of Simon – it's not too difficult, so good if the pain medications are affecting your concentration.

Read the entire Harry Potter series (no these books are not just for kids, the stories and characters are riveting!)

If you prefer, read the original magical book series, The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

Read the entire London Times – that will take at least a half a day!

........... : ) ............

Back