Dick Clarks New Years Special

N

nhzoso

Did anyone else see some of this? I caught Justin Bieber totally butchering 'let it be" which was hard to watch and then Carlos Santana came in and I thought he would save it but ehhh made it even worse. What a shame!

I totally do not get the whole Lady Gaga thing either, it's always about what she is wearing and has nothing to do with the music which all sounds the same.

I wanted to see One Republic but missed it.

Maybe I am just getting old but I just do not get it anymore.

Live performances can be great works of art or they can crash and burn.
I don't get the whole Bieber/Gaga trip either.
I wound up sitting with some friends. We switched off the TV and we watched a Blue Ray of Clapton and friends that was recorded a few years back.
Much Better!

Yeah, it was tough to watch last night. What struck me was how every song was a "Song and a Dance" and the song was second to the dance. Worst part was most songs (from what I could catch in a noisy room) were lip-synched and all the music was canned.
That being said some of it was kinda entertaining - kinda...
I AM getting old.

I discovered Gin Martini last night. I blame my friend for my hangover. This is much worse than anything you may have put yourselves through by watching TV!

I discovered Gin Martini last night. I blame my friend for my hangover. This is much worse than anything you may have put yourselves through by watching TV!
I dunno about that. I was driving last night (morning I guess) so I had to endure that while sober.

I dunno about that. I was driving last night (morning I guess) so I had to endure that while sober.

Fortunately - being in the UK - ITV (one of the main broadcasters) decided to show 'The Blues Brothers' at about 1AM. I was very happy.

I can't get past Clark with the spray on tan.

The fact that the atrocities displayed on that program are representative of the pinnacle of current mainstream entertainment is horrifying to me. My generation has absolutely no taste.

I watched the Fox network last night and concur with everything that has been said. For sure, there are no "new" exciting rock groups to play these events. The old guard has passed and we are left with Country or "American Idol" Pop, which is all about the singular performer with a canned back up band, choreographers and sound people. Metal and Rap have also largely replaced Rock. Pop acts like Lady GaGa is what the kids want and Lady GaGa is what we get. I honestly think rock is dead.

Things are getting so bad I'm gonna start listening and playing to Jazz. (Not!) And no hate please. Pity me only, as I'm already seriously sleep deprived and depressed. By tomorrow, after I get some sleep, I'll take back everything I said. :)

Last edited:
The tragedy is that I think Lady Gaga can sing really well. But today it's all about the costumes and dancers, as well as the shock value. I can't watch NYE and parades because it isn't even really a live performance as far as I'm concerned. Who knows where the canned music and lip synching ends and the live perfromance starts.

New years come with some new hope and new optimism.
Actually New years song means "Waiting for to night" sung by Jenifer Lopez ......

And some of other song link "Be With you" Sung by Eagles.
Many big city organize different event in new years. Specially San Francisco organize a lot of event like san francisco fireworks and many others.

Thanks

Back