Show Off Your Tama.....SNARE DRUMS!!!

Anybody try the Tama Starclassic Copper snare?

There are some beautiful drums here!

I like em all.

I bought this two months ago. It had a Fiberskyn batter on it so I left it on.........I'm really liking it.

One little thing right now is that whomever put the little lugs on it used the wrong Mounting Screws (10mm instead of the required 14mm for a 10mm thick SC G Maple shell) on one of the lugs. I found a 10mm screw rattling around in the drum a couple of days ago.

Great sounding drum - lots of body and sensitivity - one of my best in the collection so far.......smiles.

I really like the Abalone inlay

Attachments

• Tama Starclassic med.jpg
    Tama Starclassic med.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 5,288
  • Tama Starclassic Logo Jun 23 2009 med (4).jpg
    Tama Starclassic Logo Jun 23 2009 med (4).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 4,218
I browsed this thread and was shocked to not see a Melody Master for a while, and then I saw the 12" steel one....

So I'll have to supply the thread with the other, the 14" maple (with one steel ply :p) Melody Master:

l_c57eb47ca5e42956f6798049236c8d11.jpg

then a not so good picture lol

l_2faedffdd2189a689b5c06da2caadfb9.jpg

I've only ever talked to one guy who had the Albino Melody Master.... I don't know of any place that sells them. Portnoy hasn't used the Albino Monster since 2005 on the 20th Anniversary Octavarium tour so I doubt they're still around unless you're going to buy it on eBay or something somewhere.

To complete the hand-hammered steel collection posted on here, I have the 4" x 13" Hand-hammered steel soprano.
newsnare.jpg

Day I bought her in-store - cell phone picture, excuse the quality.
S7301424.jpg

Set up with my drumset

I browsed this thread and was shocked to not see a Melody Master for a while, and then I saw the 12" steel one....

So I'll have to supply the thread with the other, the 14" maple (with one steel ply :p) Melody Master:

That "steel ply" thing is a joke, right?

Loads of great snares in this thread. Heres mine

1. Tama 12x5.5 hand hammered steel. Someone has actually posted this already and it looks like they have a newer snare throw-off as the one on this is gash!! but is still sounds awesome.

2. 14x 5.5 steel in brushed nickel. Looks menacing.

3. My baby 14x4 maple starclassic picollo in dark cherry fade. Never stop using it....

They all need a clean!!

Dave

Attachments

• 30082009141-2.jpg
    30082009141-2.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 4,159
  • 30082009143-2.jpg
    30082009143-2.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 4,147
  • 30082009144-2.jpg
    30082009144-2.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 4,351
I examined an early MP snare and I really don't remember it having metal inside. And the Tama site says nothing about it either.

Too weird.

That would be appreciated. It's not that I don't believe you, I just think it very strange that Tama wouldn't put that on their site for that specific model. And that I don't remember it.

That would be appreciated. It's not that I don't believe you, I just think it very strange that Tama wouldn't put that on their site for that specific model. And that I don't remember it.

I was looking for it too for proof but I didn't come up with anything either. I remembered reading it somewhere but this obviously isn't wood in the middle:

melodymaster.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pic, my camera is MIA at the moment.

I think I have 3 or so. Here is one. The others are in storage elsewhere. This is a nice drum. The others are just Starclassics.

IMGP5282-1.jpg

IMGP5280-1.jpg

IMGP5283-1.jpg

Hi there! Where ever that is...
As a newcomer and a wannabe around here let's add some more salt to the snare not snake soup: my Artstar Cordia, a beauty and a beast all at the same time - in size 8x14...

Beautiful snare i am actually looking for one of those. Just 2 questions,
Did you change the snare wires?
Did you get that while they were in production brand new, or did you buy it off someone,
thanks

Hello everyone!

I have nice collection of tama rarest snare drums. On pictures below are: Tama pro custom carbon fiber snare, Tama pro custom copper snare, Tama 11 lug maple snare.
All snares you can see, if you join Facebook group called "tama slovenija".

There are allways some for sale!

Greetings
Martin

Attachments

• DSC00837 mala.JPG
    DSC00837 mala.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 3,620
  • DSC00948 mala.JPG
    DSC00948 mala.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 3,971
  • DSC01130mala.JPG
    DSC01130mala.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 3,393
Last edited:
This snare is pretty plain, if understated in appearance. It's a 1978 Tama fiberstar "black fiberglass" snare drum. I ran across this gem at Donn Bennett's drum studio in Bellvue, Washington. It was sitting in the back on a shelf. He wants something to the tune of $600 for it.

It's one of the most overlooked and underrated snares ever made. It's very loud and cutting, and crisp.

..do you know how to get one of these fiberglass snares?

[email protected]

tnx

Hello everyone!

I have nice collection of tama rarest snare drums. On pictures below are: Tama pro custom carbon fiber snare, Tama pro custom copper snare, Tama 11 lug maple snare.
All snares you can see, if you join Facebook group called "tama slovenija".

There are allways some for sale!

Greetings
Martin

Is the "Pro Custom Copper" heavy like a Bell Brass or lighter?

Back