What's the story behind your user name?

I came up with "burn the hero" when I was thinking about how it seems that all the good people in the world are the ones who are persecuted for their way of thinking, while the ignorant and mundane are praised. Heroes perish and fools prosper.

Sounds like you are describing Bill Hicks RIP, what a great comedian and human being.

But I digress...
My nickname is damn obvious. I'm really surprised it wasn't taken!

My avatar, by the way, is a 50th Anniversary Edition Rolex Submariner. Drums and watches, two of my great loves.

my user name is described further down the page,
but I thought you might another look at my avatar ..
drumming is all about timing and mine is as always a bit orf.

KH....

Michael...now that`s very complex and confusing stuff.
Haha, just kidding.

Mine is so simple as well:

Karl is my first name obviously and even more obvious: I`m a drummer.

By the way, I`m soooo happy I didn`t choose "Jazzer Karl" for example...personally I think the word "Jazzer" has an ironic or insulting undertone. The reason for this word-phobia is the music class teacher at our school. He always offends the Jazzband leader (who`s a real Jazz cat and lover) and me by using damn stereotypes about "Jazzers"...he`s a pianist coming more from the classical scene, especially church music. Of course it`s all fun but he caused this word phobia anyway. :-D

Karl

I get that from classical music snobs all the time. They don't like any genre except classical... And they hate jazz more than rock! I've never been called a jazzer because I'm as good at jazz as I am at Quantum Physics, but being called a rocker is pretty annoying too. What's a musicist slur for classical musicians? : )

Mine is because I was listening to the SOAD song Question and while the band played in 5/4 the drummer played in 4/4, polymetrics. And the 1618 is phi.

NOMEANSNO. a canadian group. their album WRONG is genius but no-one seems to really know them. check em out your missing out.Any one found this GENIUS album.

I'm a Star Wars freak, my interest goes well beyond the movies; like games, tv shows, and so many many books. I have loved Star Wars ever since I can remember.
Boba Fett being my favorite character.
When I started college in 2001 my class year was 2005 so I started making usernames for all kinds of things and I liked Fett2oo5 the best.

Ha! My Dad used to be friends with the guy who played Boba Fett, His name is Jeremy Bulloch (not 100% i spelt it right). He was also in a couple of Bond films back in the 70s/80s.

They used to go sea fishing together, but lost touch and I don't think my Dad has seen him in quite a while.

Oh yeah. And Big Chris? Well I'm 6'6" and about 300lbs.....So it's kinda fitting.

I love concerts & I'm pretty dang good at sneaking backstage for autographs. I was telling a friend of mine a "Backstage Glory Story" & she said, "Well you're just a schemer aren't you?"

It stuck. :)

118 is my birthday - November 8th.

After the masterpieces by Mark Twain and Rush.

my user name is described further down the page,
but I thought you might another look at my avatar ..
drumming is all about timing and mine is as always a bit orf.

KH....

Sorry for being absentee...but your avatar is cool. Kind of M.C. Escher meets Salvador Dali. Since my hobbies were bourne of such different inspirations, for the longest while, I ignored the time connection between my hobbies...I've since learn to realize the seduction of each obsession was time herself.

it was my first msn name and xbox live addy.

plus as a young kid i was called it by some1 well peanut and he called me it for years so thats that part 23rd is my birthday march 23rd and the s is random as the name peanut23 had already been taken

boring story i just love the doors
and ll always listen to em til the end of my time xD

My wife, now my EX WIFE, once called me a "self-absorbed deviant rogue" during one of our many, many arguments, which for the most part, she started. When we were dating and engaged, she loved my "deviant rogue" and outlaw persona. I was never arrested, but did tend to break a few laws here and there on occasion. Mainly racing, speeding and breaking and entering - not to steal, but for the "right" reasons. And I used to pull a lot of practical jokes. Not to hurt, but simply to amuse.

She's a school teacher and taught english as one of her subjects. Yes, she has a huge vocabulary, which is why she came up with the above insult. So I used the "Rogue Joker" handle on Xanga or My Space, as a taunt to the bitch - --- or rather my ex. And since I've joined DrummerWorld I thought I'd use the "Rogue" prefex again in my Rogue_Drummer handle. But now someone thought it'd be cute to steal my Rogue Joker handle and use it on another sight. That was my handle...my original handle that some unimaginative kid stole. Anyway, I'm rambling.....

I wish it was more interesting than that....

My name was invented out of necessity. Out of PTBD (Post Traumatic Boredom Disorder) I started surfing the web. I saw a thread about UNIX stave drums and decided to participate.

Trick drums offered me "artist pricing" so I thought of a name that could fit on a vanity driving plate. "Trkdrmr*" is liscence plate for "Trick Drummer". It's also easier to put on a liscence plate than "GeeZambizzihasacoolunixstavekit" ;)

*except I forgot to capitalize the 1st T. :(

I was named after my father. Norem is a very common surname in Norway. I think there's even a town in Norway called Norem. There's also a branch of the Norem family called Norheim, or maybe it's the other way around.
Norheim means "north home."
I'm second generation American, and 100% Norwegian by blood.

once called me a "self-absorbed deviant rogue"

Wow, she almost makes it sound like a bad thing.!!!

Back