Bozzio heads on rounded bearing edge

eamesuser

Silver Member
I have an old 83/84 Ludwig late or transitional standard/early rocker kit 4 ply toms 6 ply kick no rerings tan/beige int with pretty rounded bearing edges that I need to re head,I have used clear ambs on reso,and have used pins,coated ambs and aquarian mod vintages as batters on the toms,and have gotten a good sound out of all,on the kick I am using a clear powerstroke 3 batter and a coated amb reso w offset hole,and have never gotten a good sound from it,the shell seems to be low pitched and the best sound I have gotten is a turn or two above wrinkle,any thing higher does not work at all.I want to re head as cheap as possible,and I have used the bozzio coateds on modern 45 edge wood snares and metal snares and liked them,and I have used bozzio clears 1 ply on 45 edge eames toms and they worked great for those.My question is have you guys used the bozzio single ply heads on on a vintage or wide rounded bearing edge and what were the results? Ever used a bozzio kick head?What would you recommend for the kick?

The Attack TB head controls the ring a little bit, and i think it would be a good match for teh drum you speak of.

You might like this one.... (But I am not going to play it. LOL)

Attachments

• tbh.jpg
    tbh.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 182
Back