Zoom H2

I have the H 4 and it works great. Surprising how well it picks up sound.

I have an H2 and I love it. Such surprisingly good sound quality from a little device. I record everything on it.

Hmm, interesting tool, I may just pick one up as well. Honestly if you do a lot of recording and have the money I would say pick one up. I just love Zoom products, I have the G1 John 5 guitar pedal and that thing works wonders for my guitar, bass, and mics for cool vocal effects. Good job Zoom and keep up the good work. :D

using Mac, do you just transfer the sound files via USB and conver to MP3 or wav files without needing to stream into Garageband at all?

Superb little device. Great sound for the money. Sub menu's are a bit fiddly but ok once you've got used to them. Build quality of the outer case isn't the best but it seems to stand up ok. Display screen is far too small. I'd go and get one. I've not found anything else on the market that's so good for the money. A twin stereo 24 bit recorder for a lot less than $200, that's amazing value! I've uploaded a backing track snippet from last night's band practice. Just a three piece in a spare room behind a pub. Recorder is placed on a chair about 15' from the band. The room sound is poor but the recorded result is still clear. We use the little Zoom for every practice. It's an invaluable tool when putting new tracks together.

This snippet is cut down & in mp3 256kps format for posting purposes. The 24 bit wav version is so much better.

Attachments

• STE-000BAA.mp3
    2.2 MB · Views: 193
Last edited by a moderator:
Back