New here ... pics of my Tama Rockstar and snaredrums !!!

Clone285051

Hello and welcome to my Tama Rockstar kit !

Its the 2003 Custom series with a red mahony laquer finish and the Star-cast mounts. Since then there have been added a lot of stuff (Sabian/Meinl cymbals, Tama hardware, SKB cases).

Here are some pics of my latest setup :

Newsetup2009-1.jpg

Newsetup2009-2.jpg

Newsetup2009-3.jpg

Newsetup2009-4.jpg

Euhmwaarzijndedrums.jpg

Newsetup2009-5.jpg

Newsetup2009-7.jpg

Specs :

NewSetupspecs.jpg

Snares :

DSC00664-800.jpg

Tama Imperial Star 14" x 5 1/2"

DSC00714-800.jpg

Tama Starclassic Brass 14" x 5 1/2"

DSC00703-800.jpg

Tama Metalworks 12" x 4"

Snarefam1-800.jpg

The (small) family

SKB1-800.jpg

My SKB's

Heads are all Aquarian:

SKII + Ported Reso on bassdrum
Super-2 + Classic clear on toms
Texture coated with power dot / hi-energy on snare

I can say I'm really pleased with the sound I getting from these drums, as bandmembers say the same.

Enjoy the pics ;-) !

hhm nice lol at the pic of just you and your stands :p

nice stands too ;) looks good i wuld be comfortable playing that apart from the china but i guess it works for you. wish i had the money for more stuff

Ray Luzier inspired china placement?

Very nice kit and setup, looks extremely comfortable and tidy.

hhm nice lol at the pic of just you and your stands :p

nice stands too ;) looks good i wuld be comfortable playing that apart from the china but i guess it works for you. wish i had the money for more stuff

I wish I had more cash too :p (Starclassic wet dreams)

Ray Luzier inspired china placement?

Very nice kit and setup, looks extremely comfortable and tidy.

Yep ... very right :p ... he's so inspiring !

I love his setup too, the china placement works great once you get used too it.

Thanks a lot bro.

Ray-Luzier-68.jpg

ha just noticed the double clamping you really dont want those toms to fall do ya

ha just noticed the double clamping you really dont want those toms to fall do ya

Yep, cause that would look ridiculous :p !

I kinda 'over-engineer' everything I do, probably one clamp will do the job (those clamps are very strong) .. but by dividing the weight it just has to be better.

I feel more safe ;-) .

<EDIT>

Over the years I'm using no more toms on my bassdrum (Bob Gatzen tip in improving bassdrum sound) and the standard double tom holder can seperate into 2 single .. very clever Tama idea.

Beautiful Tama's!!
Is the 'Brass Snare' your Favorite?

Yep ... its most versitle. Very warm sounding, I like the overtones and especially rimshots.
(I use no dampning but a Puresound 40)

The Metalworks is great for any kind of stuff (and side snare) and the Imperialstar for a clear crack steel (vintage) sound.

yr i knew the tom mounts split in two :)

those boom arms are rediculously long though

unique china configuration... I like it... and those HHX groove hats.. they are my dream... the best hihats ever.. for me... enjoy them and congrats!!!

unique china configuration... I like it... and those HHX groove hats.. they are my dream... the best hihats ever.. for me... enjoy them and congrats!!!

Thnx for the compliments ;) !

The HHX Groove hats are amazing, I believe almost as bright sounding as there opponent HHX Evolution hats but a little darker.

China configuration inspired by the 'big men' :p ... Ray Luzier.

Nice looking setup mate. The cymbal setup is not really for me because i tend to use my china quite a bit and also i can just imagine all the crashes whacking into each other when they're flying around on their stands lol. The cymbals look great though, in fact you've really got everything there, cymbals, stands, pedals, snares, you just need to get the new kit and you'll have one pro setup right there.

Thnx for the compliments ;) !

The HHX Groove hats are amazing, I believe almost as bright sounding as there opponent HHX Evolution hats but a little darker.

China configuration inspired by the 'big men' :p ... Ray Luzier.

I agree.. a little darker.. really nice hats...

Here's my Tama Rockstar, that setup is a while ago now. Using a Pearl Icon rack along the front. There's also a really old one and a few in our old studio using two bars along the front, a bit like a two kick drum setup.

Attachments

• lolol.jpg
    lolol.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 2,004
  • lolol1.jpg
    lolol1.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,976
  • lolol2.jpg
    lolol2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,946
  • n633848159_1372730_4564.jpg
    n633848159_1372730_4564.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,942
  • n633848159_1372731_4868.jpg
    n633848159_1372731_4868.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,917
  • n633848159_1372732_5302.jpg
    n633848159_1372732_5302.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,968
  • n633848159_1542781_584999.jpg
    n633848159_1542781_584999.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,885
Here's my Tama Rockstar, that setup is a while ago now. Using a Pearl Icon rack along the front. There's also a really old one and a few in our old studio using two bars along the front, a bit like a two kick drum setup.

Those look amazing !!!

Nice setup and gear.

Nice looking setup mate. The cymbal setup is not really for me because i tend to use my china quite a bit and also i can just imagine all the crashes whacking into each other when they're flying around on their stands lol. The cymbals look great though, in fact you've really got everything there, cymbals, stands, pedals, snares, you just need to get the new kit and you'll have one pro setup right there.

Thanks ;),

Thats what I'm planning in a few years ... Starclassic Bubs in the same kind of setup but in different sizes. Something like this probably :

Starclassic Elite drums (basic kit)

18"x22" Bass Drum
8"x10" Tom Tom
9"x12" Tom Tom
14"x16" Floor Tom

Add on later:

+ 18"x24" Bass Drum
+ 16"x18" Floor Tom

I'm allready dreaming !

Thanks ;),

Thats what I'm planning in a few years ... Starclassic Bubs in the same kind of setup but in different sizes. Something like this probably :

Starclassic Elite drums (basic kit)

18"x22" Bass Drum
8"x10" Tom Tom
9"x12" Tom Tom
14"x16" Floor Tom

Add on later:

+ 18"x24" Bass Drum
+ 16"x18" Floor Tom

I'm allready dreaming !

That sounds sick, I'll tell you what though, my local drum shop has these in stock... http://www.birminghamdrumcentre.co.uk/product.asp?productid=1626
If it was any kit it would have to be that one. Shame about the price tag :(

i really like your kit... reminds me the days when i bought my first drums while i dreamed having a rockstar kit!

do you like the metal-x crash?? would you suggest it to somebody or no?

Very nice kit. I wish i could set all of my hardware up and just put the drums ware they belong. I never play the same set up twice. Everythings always slighly different. As always tama makes great kits at every level.

I love the carpet with the tape on it. I assume you take it to shows you play and such, I know I would! I've got to get a cheap rug like that.

Back