Gretch CatClubMod

Bryce Lalonde

Hello, Heres my set, Ill post specs if anyone asks. Im about to get an Istanbul turk china and flat ride. so ill update when i get em,

DSC03445.JPG
DSC03446.JPG
DSC03448.JPG
DSC03449.JPG
DSC03450.JPG

I used the cymbal mod section (ball chain rivets)

Specs

Shells: Mahogany

22" x 20" bass
12" x 8" tom
16" x 14" floor
6-1/2 " x 14" snare

Cymbals: Istanbul Sultans
14" hats
16" crash
20" ride

Percussion:
Factory Metal Hi-Hat Jingler
Tycoon Djembe

Sticks:
Vic Firth Dave Weckl Evolution
Vic Firth Brushes
Vic Firth Steve Smith Steve Smith Tala Wand (bamboo)
Some kind of strange but sweet mallets

Last edited:
Thank you. The Pictures didnt get the greatest shot of the finish, but in real life on stage with lights gleaming off it, it looks pretty sharp.

Ok here the specs, ill post them on my first post aswell

Shells: Mahogany

22" x 20" bass
12" x 8" tom
16" x 14" floor
6-1/2 " x 14" snare

Cymbals: Istanbul Sultans
14" hats
16" crash
20" ride

Percussion:
Factory Metal Hi-Hat Jingler
Tycoon Djembe

Sticks:
Vic Firth Dave Weckl Evolution
Vic Firth Brushes
Vic Firth Steve Smith Steve Smith Tala Wand (bamboo)
Some kind of strange but sweet mallets

Hope thats alright, let me know if I missed something

Very nice. Really love the plain-jane four-piece kit look. The finish combined with the look of the cymbals really makes your kit stand out. What type of music do you like to play? Is that a real hand drum, too?

Very nice. Really love the plain-jane four-piece kit look. The finish combined with the look of the cymbals really makes your kit stand out. What type of music do you like to play? Is that a real hand drum, too?

Thank You,
I have been working on alot of jazz lately, going through "The Art of Bop drumming".
Latin: Messing around with mambo, afro-cuban, bossa and samba, reggae type tunes. A few bands that ive been listening to for inspiration are "The Cat Empire" and "Firewater". I play a bit of everything else except metal. (eventually ill bring myself to it though)

As far as the hand drum, Its a Tycoon rope tuned djembe. Theres a link to a website with some information on it.

Nice kit! Where did you get it? I'm curious because I don't think I've seen that wrap/finish on the Club Mod before. Looks good.

Nice kit! Where did you get it? I'm curious because I don't think I've seen that wrap/finish on the Club Mod before. Looks good.

Thank you,
its a wrap called "blue alien". I got it in a music store called RKM music in Alberta Canada. I thought the club mod only came in stripes aswell, until I seen this in the music store.

Great looking kit! I would love it. Good to hear some Cat Empire being listened to outside Australia ;)

That finish is phenomenal! As a guy who has restored many old drums in an attempt to give them the best finish possible, that is the best one I've ever seen. Congrats on the set.

Back