DRUMMIES!

M

michael drums

Drum! Magazines' Readers Pole Results:

Drummer of the Year - Dare I say...Neil Peart

He also got #1 Prog Rock Drummer.

And before we get some of the nay-sayers and their opinions of readers polls...

Drummerworld got # 1 Web Site!

So I'd be careful what you post on this thread, y'all.

;-)

Oh, uhhh...Congrats Bernhard! And to ALL the winners and runners-up!

Last edited:
neil peart? really? what has he done this year for him to qualify? that same random tom thing with the bass-hi hat-hi hat thing followed by the cowbell thing again? oh god..

Anything to do with people's opinions on the internet is bound to come up with some funny results.

Good work DW for another great year. And that's the end of that.

neil peart? really? what has he done this year for him to qualify? that same random tom thing with the bass-hi hat-hi hat thing followed by the cowbell thing again? oh god..

Snakes and Arrows Tour, Buddy Rich Memorial Concert(co-produced and featured in), numerous articles in drum-related magazines and appearances(DRUM!, Modern Drummer, The Colbert Report w/ Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson), etc...

Though, I wouldn't expect you to know all that.

Anything to do with people's opinions on the internet is bound to come up with some funny results.

Good work DW for another great year. And that's the end of that.

Yea...Travis Barker getting runner-up for DotY, was kinda humorous.

As the publicist for DRUM!, I completely agree with all of your comments. Neil Peart has won three times, but what is really important are the other winners like Sheila E coming back into the mix.

The Drummies are always going to have some controversy; all awards/contests do. Maybe the most important thing is knowing that ANYONE has the right to vote, express their opinion, etc.

Congrats to Drummerworld, of course, Sheila, Bob Bryar and all the other interesting drummers, who have moved the art form in the last year. Sorry not to see Stanton in there like last year.

Attachments

• 0709-drummie-sheilae.png
    0709-drummie-sheilae.png
    370 KB · Views: 283
Snakes and Arrows Tour, Buddy Rich Memorial Concert(co-produced and featured in), numerous articles in drum-related magazines and appearances(DRUM!, Modern Drummer, The Colbert Report w/ Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson), etc...

Though, I wouldn't expect you to know all that.

So condescending from someone who put "reader's pole" instead of poll. Sorry, I had to do it. I could care less about reader's polls but your attitude on that post really bothered me.

As the publicist for DRUM!, I completely agree with all of your comments. Neil Peart has won three times, but what is really important are the other winners like Sheila E coming back into the mix.

The Drummies are always going to have some controversy; all awards/contests do. Maybe the most important thing is knowing that ANYONE has the right to vote, express their opinion, etc.

Congrats to Drummerworld, of course, Sheila, Bob Bryar and all the other interesting drummers, who have moved the art form in the last year. Sorry not to see Stanton in there like last year.
Yeah, these polls are not an indicator of what is entirely true or fair in the world, but I got a lot of positive industry attention from being included as a runnerup last year, and appreciate what DRUMMIES do for young guys just getting out there, especially in the rising/ up and coming categories. I don't care what anybody says. It's nice knowing that somebody cared enough to vote .

Yea...Travis Barker getting runner-up for DotY, was kinda humorous.

If your going to validate a DOY award by using a source who picked the drummer YOU like then the same rules apply for the runner-ups.

So if Neil is indeed the best DOY then Travis must be 2nd....

Just sayin..

Nice to see Sheila E getting some props. What category did she win?

Back