Glassy, Shimmering Crash

jdrummys

Can people please tell me the glassiest, most shimmering crash they've ever heard/played? Currently I have 17 Zildjian A Medium Thin and Armand Thin Crash (both traditional), and while I love them, Im looking for something along the lines of glass breaking but with a nice sustain.

From the description, it sounds like you looking for Zildjian A Custom crashes.
However, the Paiste 2002 crashes I have played would fall under this category too.

I have an 18" A Custom crash I would put in this category. But it is a little darker sounding than most Paistes I have heard.

Can people please tell me the glassiest, most shimmering crash they've ever heard/played? Currently I have 17 Zildjian A Medium Thin and Armand Thin Crash (both traditional), and while I love them, Im looking for something along the lines of glass breaking but with a nice sustain.

Seconding Paiste Signature Fulls. Especially the Reflector Heavy Fulls. Unmatched shimmery highs, IMO. Btw, they really do sound exactly like the sound files suggest.

18"-20" Vault crashes

Funny you mention Vaults. I just got a 17" Vault yesterday and when I read this thread I said to myself "that's what my new Vault kinda sounds like?"....but I'm new and have a lot to learn about cymbals and sound.

Have an 18" Vault comming next week and looking forward to it also! One thing that really suprised me with the 17" was how well it fit in with my Xs20's....????? I really thought the V would make me throw rocks at my Xs20's but it fits right in the mix and the 18" should top things off nicely for now. The Xs ride will get replaced at a later date most likely but the 16" and hh's will stay!

PS....THANKS everyone for always stressing the "buy used" thing.....I saved a small fortune on my "new" used Vaults and so far am impressed......

Funny you mention Vaults. I just got a 17" Vault yesterday and when I read this thread I said to myself "that's what my new Vault kinda sounds like?"....but I'm new and have a lot to learn about cymbals and sound.

Have an 18" Vault comming next week and looking forward to it also! One thing that really suprised me with the 17" was how well it fit in with my Xs20's....????? I really thought the V would make me throw rocks at my Xs20's but it fits right in the mix and the 18" should top things off nicely for now. The Xs ride will get replaced at a later date most likely but the 16" and hh's will stay!

Vaults are meant to be swatted pretty good to make them speak right. Not crushed. Overplaying them surely makes them sound like poo-poo.

I'd say that they play well with a pretty wide assortment of cymbal selections to compliment their glassiness.

Back