Female Drummers Needed for Survey!

Grunt, I somehow think this is not the forum (in the classical sense) to get into a discussion of identity politics, the need for targeted encouragement, and the issue of "pigeonhole policing".... so let's not.

Widely held, is not universally held. Individuals perceive, interpret, and come to different conclusions given the same data.
If you and I conversed, it would most likely be seen that we hold different, individual stereotypes.

Given all that, in my lifetime, widely held stereotypes have fallen faster than clear cut forests.

Individuals can also "perceive, interpret, and come to" the same conclusions "given the same data".

You don't have the data, and yet you're assuming I've received completely different responses to each question - and as though I will take a unique response and infer that it is a universalized experience of all women drummers. This is not how my study works! I'm not looking for constants, I'm looking for similarities.

I find parallels in the data and then report that many women have expressed a similar notion, and then also speak on the anomalies. If I don't find any parallels, I wouldn't continue the project.

As an example, most women so far have expressed for questions 14 and 15 (similar to Anon) that they don't feel they embrace masculine or feminine performance practices - they play drums as they would any drummer. This is important because there may, or may not, be a disconnect between the way others perceive women drummers, and the way women drummers perceive themselves.

Back