Steve Jordan bass drum size?

wsabol

Gold Member
so many bass drum threads..

Anyway, anyone know what size kick Jordan is using at this Crossroads concert with John Mayer Trio? It looks a lot smaller than his normal 24"... or is he that huge? haha

Attachments

• stevejordanjohnmayerrolling.jpg
    stevejordanjohnmayerrolling.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 6,381
I think it's a 20. When he plays his 24, he sometimes has an 18 to the left.

Sometimes he sets up two kits and goes back and forth between the two.

Looks like a 12/14/20set up. Your standard all purpose drum sizes. Doc

Yeah, looks like a 20" to me too. He also sets up a secondary kit on his left, with some bigger hats, a ride, snare and a sort of small diameter cannon-like bass drum. (a 16"x20" maybe?) I thought your thread was about that one!!! hehe.

Awesome player. Pure groove.

Steve Jordan + Pino Palladino = Probably the best possible rhythm section. Any guitarist's heaven.

Yeah, looks like a 20" to me too. He also sets up a secondary kit on his left, with some bigger hats, a ride, snare and a sort of small diameter cannon-like bass drum. (a 16"x20" maybe?) I thought your thread was about that one!!! hehe.

Awesome player. Pure groove.

Steve Jordan + Pino Palladino = Probably the best possible rhythm section. Any guitarist's heaven.

Yea, that one is pretty crazy. Its a 12"x22" DAXDAD by yamaha. But normally his main is a 24". Then after watching this video for the 300th time I noticed that #1 I loved the kick sound, and #2 it wasn't a 24, so I threaded it up.

Back